News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They can try but it’ll just be a trap again in a few months as the city doesn’t compact fill well enough.
Just like their pot-hole fixes.😏

The bus trap at the north end of Centre Street also has a gate beside it, but more often than not the gate seems to be broken down and is stuck in the raised position.:mad:
Yup and I've snuck through there a few times because there's no camera. And I would do it again 😈
Seriously though I would like for that centre street bus trap to be open during off peak times. It only causes annoyance to everyone who wants to go north to the retail up in Country Hills

A pretty light agenda at CPC this week, nothing really major going. One small item though, the second floor outdoor patio space on the newish building in Britannia Plaza, the Ghitter block (here) is being enclosed and needs a land use amendment:
Report, background, Applicant Submission and DP Summary.

Before:
1656959665215.png

After:
1656959686447.png

Yup and I've snuck through there a few times because there's no camera. And I would do it again 😈
Seriously though I would like for that centre street bus trap to be open during off peak times. It only causes annoyance to everyone who wants to go north to the retail up in Country Hills
I remember when they installed that one, was annoying coming from Airdrie since Beddington was the closest co-op and that is where my mom shopped for groceries. Still shops at co-op but more convenient with one in Airdrie.

The Torode building with the nothing but Hardie Panel and East Trim makes me question if humanity should've even been allowed to exist, it is so gross architecturally. Truly a cautionary tale of those materials being used, whoever did that contact me directly and i will tell you how much i thing you are awful. Real talk though that building's exterior is so bad it makes me sad, especially in Inglewood.

I drive through that area every once in a while and I agree it's kind of stupid. I know they wanted to keep traffic through the residential portion of Beddington down, but it's really only a 3 or 4 block stretch. Might as well open it up.

I really hope Centre Street connects through to Harvest Hill Blvd now, so stupid to not allow traffic through there. The people at the north end of Centre St will probably fight it though.
I get the logic of the bus traps not always working as intended (e.g. a car gets stuck so even a bus can't cross), but I would be curious on the impact to relative competitiveness for transit if we just got rid of them all, in particular the Centre Street one. This one probably does make buses slightly more travel-time competitive from the north.

If we allowed free-flow from Centre street the whole way I would imagine Centre Street's congestion would increase and degrade the bus quality and trip times further throughout the system.

This may or may not be very material impact - but removing a bus trap for no barriers isn't a transit improvement, it would likely improve vehicle trip times at expense of transit ones. In theory you would replace the occasional transit delay from a stuck car at the barrier with a daily delay with more vehicle congestion on the route.

Last edited:

Back