News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Coq37y.gif

How it affects Canada in the end is hard to say, but one thing I'm certain of is that Trump will lose the election. He was trailing in the polls in 2016 and managed to win, but this time around things will be different. I'm confident he'll lose Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. He won't win any of the states that were 'blue' states last election, and losing those three aforementioned states will cost him 46 seats, and the election. He may lose more than those states as well. NC, Ohio, Arizona, and Florida are all close races. I have a feeling that he'll lose Arizona this time around, but either way I'm confident he'll lose Penn, Mich, and Wisconsin and that's all that's needed for him to lose.

I never liked Trump from the beginning, but felt that once he was in office, he might tone down the rhetoric, and not be as bad as many expected. Instead he got worse, I'm anxious to see him and the rest of the Trumps gone from the White-house.

The one and only thing he did that was good for us, was get the short cross border section of Keystone approved, and it's my understanding that it's actually built now. The Canada section of Keystone is about 50% completed from what I've heard. Not sure where it's at in the U.S.

As for Keystone XL, the Presidential permit also covers crossing rivers under federal jurisdiction, and those are not built. The border is just one part of it. It is unfortunate that the Trump administration, and the House and Senate when they controlled all three were so hamfisted, and the administration so incompetent that they haven't been able to deliver on Keystone XL because they've been unable or unwilling to follow processes. If they hadn't tried to short cut the process to get it done in 18 months, and instead worked through the process, it would most likely be further along now!

I think XL is beyond saving and a strategic move would be to 'trade' XL for finishing the Line 3 replacement. Not as good as both but better than none under the Democrats.

Beyond Alberta's direct interest, I think there is a risk, a small risk, of things looking incredibly unstable: Governors calling up troops under their control to keep order, in some states the Governors refusing attempts by the President to 'federalize' the troops, and things looking like they are setting up for a civil war type situation. I hope if that happens, the country does not cross a line where both sides think the other side is unlawfully deploying troops -- all it takes is an accident to start a shooting war.

That doesn't sound good. I have a friend at TC who works on Keystone and she is optimistic it'll get built. Who knows though, maybe it's just wishful thinking on her part.

As for Keystone XL, the Presidential permit also covers crossing rivers under federal jurisdiction, and those are not built. The border is just one part of it. It is unfortunate that the Trump administration, and the House and Senate when they controlled all three were so hamfisted, and the administration so incompetent that they haven't been able to deliver on Keystone XL because they've been unable or unwilling to follow processes. If they hadn't tried to short cut the process to get it done in 18 months, and instead worked through the process, it would most likely be further along now!

I think XL is beyond saving and a strategic move would be to 'trade' XL for finishing the Line 3 replacement. Not as good as both but better than none under the Democrats.

I agree Trump will lose the election, but will he giver it up? lol.

What scares me is the fact that he's still in the running! After all the bad leadership shown by him over the past 4 years, and yet he still has a shot at winning, makes me wonder where the U.S. is headed. @darwink might not be far off with his concerns about a potential civil war. Trump himself is an ass, but I think he's only half the issue, and in many ways is more of a symptom of a deeper issue rather than the cause..

The Joint Chiefs of Staff have a plan in place to remove a president who refuses to leave office. They are sworn to uphold the constitution, including ensuring the instalment of the democratically elected president of the United States. What happens after that, though, is up in the air. I would not put it past that manbaby dipshit to incite a civil war.

They've interviewed a number of military commanders and all of them so far have said they would not carry out orders by Trump to keep in power.

I don't think it would come to that, but given how crazy Trump has been, nothing would surprise me any more.

I think the moderate Republicans are coming out of the woodwork. Lately CNN has been showcasing various Republicans who are denouncing Trump. There seems to be a lot of them lately.

The Republican party will need to re-invent itself after this. You might see the rise of a guy like Marco Rubio, he's more level headed and is also of Hispanic heritage. With Hispanics now the second largest minority in the US and growing, they will be a more important voting group as time goes along.

You might see a newcomer come from nowhere with ideas similar to Trump's, but a smarter person who comes across in a more polished manner, and more.
What I'm most curious about is what happens to the Republican Party if and when Trump loses. They went far right with the Tea Party movement, and have only gotten further right since then, where are all the rational, moderate Conservatives?

I can't wait to see that asshat lose the election. TBH I didn't hate him when he was running the first time. It was a toss up of who I liked less, Hillary or Donald. I thought Trump might actually be a fresh of fresh air, but he's been a disaster. The longer he's in there the more I dislike him.

Trump needs to lose by a wide enough margin that there is no question. Even with that result, his hardcore cult of about 30% of the electorate, could still be coerced to cause problems on his behalf. Hopefully state and civic leaders are prepared for any outcome.
Trump's behaviour and rhetoric leading up the election has already proved he was the worst possible choice for a president. He is not a leader and had no interest in being one. Poor behaviour after the election will leave a large stain on his legacy such that he has one.

Trump did better in last night's debate, but I feel like it won't change much this late in the game. In all likelihood, he'll be tossed out.....and if he resists leaving the white house after he loses he might literally be tossed out haha.

Back