News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I third that second. As a recently single-ized guy, I would love it if there was a more....ummm...personal element to the UT site. A place where architecture lovers could discuss their "mutual interests". In all seriousness, I bet Dan and Jason will have a long and happy life together just from having met here.
Congrats to them and the site.

I'll forth that. After being partnered since my 20's then suddenly being found single is jarring. It's a jungle out there trying to meet someone sane, capable of commitment and around my age. To view the whole scene being partnered for so long and then as a single man is a brutal, startling contrast.

Long live the Toronto geek !

Thank you!!!

The UT story appears again on the front page of the "Weekend Living" section in today's (Saturday) Toronto Star, continued on page L14.

I'll pitch in here with my thanks to Ed and the whole gang who long preceded my presence on these pages and built them into a wonderful message board and research archive for development-related issues.

Having stumbled on this site just a few years ago, I found a treasure trove of interesting info; interesting people; and new opportunities to stand on my soapbox and rant about things I care about, LOL. :p

While at one level it would be easy to overestimate the influence this place has had, does have on the City; it would be even easier to underestimate it. Like Spacing magazine, Blog T.O., Torontonist and other blogs and forums that care for the City it has a become a second-home to many of us who care passionately about this city and many people who work for government, developers, architecture and engineering firms, media outlets and NGOs all read these pages. Pages whose ideas do often seep into the greater consciousness of this City and I think that's all for the Good!

Many Happy Returns to UT; may it live long, and proper (no points for getting that pop cultural reference) :D

I'll pitch in here with my thanks to Ed and the whole gang who long preceded my presence on these pages and built them into a wonderful message board and research archive for development-related issues.

Having stumbled on this site just a few years ago, I found a treasure trove of interesting info; interesting people; and new opportunities to stand on my soapbox and rant about things I care about, LOL. :p

While at one level it would be easy to overestimate the influence this place has had, does have on the City; it would be even easier to underestimate it. Like Spacing magazine, Blog T.O., Torontonist and other blogs and forums that care for the City it has a become a second-home to many of us who care passionately about this city and many people who work for government, developers, architecture and engineering firms, media outlets and NGOs all read these pages. Pages whose ideas do often seep into the greater consciousness of this City and I think that's all for the Good!

Many Happy Returns to UT; may it live long, and proper (no points for getting that pop cultural reference) :D

Bravo, well stated.

I'd like to add my personal thanks to all the work that must go into moderating and maintaining this board, not to mention all the regular contributors who drag a camera around to keep us updated or offer their insightful opinions. Whether we agree or disagree your points of view are always well taken and often sway my opinion (I hated brutalism until I read, studied and came to appreciate it - well, much of it!). You all do a brilliant job.

Thank you.

Great article. I moved to Toronto 3 years ago, and this site got me engaged in the city. It gets a lot of shout-outs at dinner parties, but also makes me look an arrogant, 20something know-it-all! This week, I got to break why Zelda's closed. I'm an insider!

Forgot to mention that simpy Dan and I made it official shortly after this article was published. Indeed, we plan to get married at some point in the next 12 months.

Thank you Urban Toronto!

Back