News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yes, they are quite the antiques. Hopefully they can be sold really soon.

I would have preferred it if this tower had been designed as an inverted T instead of the current L. I find it too overwhelming to the scale of the surroundings around Wellesley east. Had it been tucked away behind the existing streetwall, it would have fitted in more nicely.

Your points are well taken, but I like how it terminates the vista of Wellesley. The view down Wellesely is sort of book-ended right now by University College to the west and now by Verve on the east. It's not a great piece of architecture, but staring east down Wellesley from Bay I'm reminded once again that I am hemmed in by a downtown that has skyscrapers.

So, does anyone know if Verve is topping out now? I watch this building go up on a daily basis during my smoke breaks and they have been consistently adding a floor per week, finishing each floor on the Friday. This week there doesn't appear to be much progress, which I suppose could be a result of the heavy snowfall on Sunday. I know there's still the mechanical and the "decorative elements" but is it at the top floor now?

Yes I believe this is the last floor being poured this week. Mechanical penthouse next.

January 1st Update

At Wellesley Street, facing east -

Verve2_Jan01-08.jpg

From above -

Verve_Jan1-08.jpg

January 12th Update

Lovely photos, dt

Thank you!

Today, the south face of Verve taken from Maitland Place (the east end of Maitland Street). I like how the south side curves with the street but it really can't be seen in this shot. It actually looks much better when there's a bit of sun

PICT1174.jpg

Update

Things seem to have slowed down dramatically on this one. No new precast, no new windows in the last few weeks. Anything unusual happening?

This should really breathe new life into Wellesley East of Jarv. Too bad the design is so unappealing though. I didn't realize that it would so abruptly cut off the eastern view along Wellesley from the west. How disappointing.

Windows continue to be installed, they are installing them into to the last pieces of precast lifted into place a few weeks ago. The mechanical ph continues to be poured today. Plenty happening.

Exactly. How much more of St. Jamestown do you want to see?

I just noticed: I like how those brown low rises look at the base of Verve in that pic above...

Back