News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

new livery and streamlined chargers confirmed

white black and yellow are the new colours. no more blue or turquoise

1544635748047.png

edit: https://www.viarail.ca/en/about-via-rail/fleet-renewal

VIA Rail announcement coming today at 12 noon. Will be live streamed on their Facebook page. I think we all know what this will be.

Edit: It's leaking, and Siemens won the fleet contract (as expected). Bloomberg article here.
So glad to hear that Siemens won. The charger is a logical choice and the off the shelfNA specs will be much cheaper than the others to manufacture.
new livery and streamlined chargers confirmed

white black and yellow are the new colours. no more blue or turquoise
and please no more wraps that conflict with the branding/ colour scheme.

shame that for the interiors they still have fixed directional seating. Why cant they go with swivel type like the japanese trains do so that everyone can face the direction of travel? :(

just noticed that it will be a single loco with a cab car based on their graphic. anyone know if its the viaggio cars?

Wicked, and perfect timing with the release of the new Lego passenger train that looks remarkably similar.

11988373897246.jpg
HAHA I was thinking the same. Just slap the VIA logo on and boom, Toy model.

This is excellent news.

But we need another shoe to drop. HFR or some variant thereof.

The new rolling stock materializes between 2022-2024.

To me that sets a goal of having some kind of additional capacity/row for VIA prior to that time.

It doesn't have to be the new route.

But it does have to resolve the bottle neck at Coteaux, and in the absence of a new Ontario route, should secure additional passing track or exclusive track for VIA, as well as some track speed improvements.

At then end of the day, I want VIA to reach (at minimum) hourly service to Montreal 7am-7pm (13 daily departures) and to get most runs back under 4 hours with worst run time under 5.

That should be do-able.

Now over to Mr. Garneau to write the next cheque.

Back