News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The Turbo train never actually ran at 170mph in service. It could theoretically reach that speed, but it was limited to 100mph on the corridor.

The same goes for the LRC, when in the original two loco mode with active tilt, its rated for 125mph, the same as the Siemens trains we are procuring.
Did the Turbo even have an excemption for 100 mph, or did the regular max speed for Track Class 5 (i.e. 95 mph) apply?

They kept the cab car out of the public eye pretty well. I have been watching YouTube flyovers of the Siemens plant and looking for pictures of it because that is the first Siemens Venture aerodynamic cab car that has ever been produced I think. All the other operators so far are leaving the end of the train a blunt end or using two locomotives.

Last edited:
Is it me or are there parts with rust on this brand new train?

I don't see anything, even using screen magnification. There are certain parts, such as wheels and coupler assemblies that are allowed to oxidize so they can be better inspected visually for cracks and defects. Besides, painting them would be pointless.

Last edited:
They kept the cab car out of the public eye pretty well.
Well they did a pretty bad job if thats true

1632773239635.png

^There was a source (I have forgotten where) that said the cab car isn’t complete so they are shipping two loco’s instead.

- Paul

So if HFR is supposed to be electrified, I'm wondering if the options allow for a change of locomotive (ACS-64) and the same Siemens Venture cars. VIA would only need 14-16 train sets for hourly HFR service. I assume the Charger/Venture fleet from this order would then operate Lakeshore services and substantially boost Corridor West services.

So if HFR is supposed to be electrified, I'm wondering if the options allow for a change of locomotive (ACS-64) and the same Siemens Venture cars. VIA would only need 14-16 train sets for hourly HFR service. I assume the Charger/Venture fleet from this order would then operate Lakeshore services and substantially boost Corridor West services.

I really wished VIA would buy the same Alstom Avelia trainsets for HFR that Amtrak did for the NEC. Faster around curves than the Venture cars, and future proofed to 300 kmh when the HFR route curves are eliminated and the line is upgraded to true HSR.

I really wished VIA would buy the same Alstom Avelia trainsets for HFR that Amtrak did for the NEC. Faster around curves than the Venture cars, and future proofed to 300 kmh when the HFR route curves are eliminated and the line is upgraded to true HSR.

HSR trainsets for a line that won't be faster than 125 mph at launch and probably won't need to go faster than that for two decades, seems to be a waste.

Back