News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hard to tell for sure but it looks like they got a locomotive with the new trainset (rather than using the second locomotive that shipped with the first trainset), as it appears to be no 2202.
Cab car on one set and the 2nd locomotive on the other in that shot. Giving a view of what both ends look like and how they will operate once service starts for them.

I think a VIA train went into emergency today at around Bowmanville. P42 with 5 HEP cars around 11am heading east bound.

Emergency horn at a crossing. I saw the train slow down but didnt see the aftermath since I was driving.

That's really BlogTO being nonsensical as usual. The gist of the article is that people queue for trains in the VIA corridor (as opposed to on the tracks), which is simply the way it has always been.
I never understood the logic in the way they board customers. It's such a degrading way to travel.

They should have a dedicated gate for each train and then a seating area. And then board by destination since that is how the cars are broken up.

"We will start by boarding business customers as well as customers who require assistance including small children.". Then customers traveling to Brockville, Smith Falls and Ottawa please proceed to the gate." Etc.

Wouldn't that be smarter?

I never understood the logic in the way they board customers. It's such a degrading way to travel.

They should have a dedicated gate for each train and then a seating area. And then board by destination since that is how the cars are broken up.

"We will start by boarding business customers as well as customers who require assistance including small children.". Then customers traveling to Brockville, Smith Falls and Ottawa please proceed to the gate." Etc.

Wouldn't that be smarter?
I've never understood why, now that there's reserved seating, that anyone shows up down there until 5 minutes before departure.

I find it odd that the author (Sabrina Gamrot) doesn’t go to Union Station to see for themselves and talk to VIA Rail, but instead defers to social media for all their information.
Why bother doing any extra work?

In all fairness the boarding process does suck.

Back