News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
What? No. Please tell me that putting a giant W on top of the building was, in fact, a touch added by the intern at the video production company. Otherwise it will be winning the award for the silliest hat of all.

Looks okay, if not a bit on the short side for the Financial District. Yes that pink W is hopefully just a label and not actual signage on the building!

Dear god that big 'W' at the top is tacky, let's hope it isn't actually like that..
Also the title "Canada Tower" should be saved for a supertall..
That being said it's a good design, especially the podium, let's hope it stays that way.

*This will be located Northwest of Bay and Adelaide, not Southwest as your copy states.

As far as the "W" goes, it does hearken back to the days when cities, including Toronto, had large, steel, lighted, advertising signs high atop many buildings. Anyone old like me, remember the Admiral sign at Bay and Front?

The "W" might be better if it didn't look so much like Sesame Street has brought this hotel to you through the courtesy of the letter "W". If it looked more like a logo, I wouldn't mind.

Forget about the esthetics of the building as the area is very dense and congested so nothing will visually stand out. Hotels need a ton of circulation area for deliveries, services, cars and people. This is a tight site! The parking must spiral down below grade and up above grade. Aa did a plan on this site years ago and that’s how they dealt with the parking.

replacing a surface parking lot.

Hurrah!"...replacing a surface parking lot."

Hurrah! The fewer of these we have the better. In fact, I think they should be banned in the downtown core.

I don't like the design, but it's better than nothing.

I don't think the W will be on the building. It looks like a "Sims Icon." Probably just so people can pick out the building in the Financial Centre.

Can't see how this could be any bigger/taller on the current sized foot print. Think is fits it quite well. On top W is tacky - put something half the size on both the east and west top triangular faces. - ice.

Back