News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I think I have mentioned this before I think we should call it the boiler room after Mordecai Richler famously called Edmonton the boiler room of the country. You could build a giant boiler with stairs inside so you could climb to the top. It would have to be more of a frame like structure to make it transparent. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Project Update - November 2021

The City has acquired 2 additional land parcels at the location of the former Doan's restaurant on 107 Street, north of Jasper Avenue, and will incorporate this land into the site plan for Warehouse Park. Please see the new site map .

The City will demolish the existing building in order to prepare the site for park development. More information will be shared on the demolition as the project progresses.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 11.17.10 AM.png

Project Update - November 2021

The City has acquired 2 additional land parcels at the location of the former Doan's restaurant on 107 Street, north of Jasper Avenue, and will incorporate this land into the site plan for Warehouse Park. Please see the new site map .

The City will demolish the existing building in order to prepare the site for park development. More information will be shared on the demolition as the project progresses.

View attachment 365171

They should look to acquire parcel 185. The park ironically could use a two hour paid parking lot, which would also serve to generate some revenue for the space’s operational concerns.

No parking lot required thank you kindly. Washrooms and a cafe space, yes, parking lot - no.

One consideration that likely is way behind past is that it could have had 1 level UG that could have been used by all neighbouring businesses but that ship sailed a long time ago.

No parking lot required thank you kindly. Washrooms and a cafe space, yes, parking lot - no.

One consideration that likely is way behind past is that it could have had 1 level UG that could have been used by all neighbouring businesses but that ship sailed a long time ago.
That's two days in a row agreeing with you. We make a third and I'll buy you a beer.

This is the third time that I know of that the City has abandoned -- mid stream -- a competition for ideas. Soon they will have no one wanting to compete for City-held calls for RFPs -- this is a sign of a City that is truly lost and confused. God help us all if we are left relying on City Planning for ideas. Grow Up Edmonton!!!

^huh?

I was under the impression that they had run the competition and selected a group to move things forward,

^huh?

I was under the impression that they had run the competition and selected a group to move things forward,

It says in the link you posted above, the following:

The City originally proposed a design competition to secure a consultant for this project but changed course due to COVID-19 and the economic downturn. The alternative procurement process for design services is underway.

Would love to see lots 99 and 100 eventually converted
It says in the link you posted above, the following:

The City originally proposed a design competition to secure a consultant for this project but changed course due to COVID-19 and the economic downturn. The alternative procurement process for design services is underway.

Can't wait for our watered down suburban style Central Warehouse District Park

Ffs...

Back