News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I have good news for you then. MacLab's The Parks is going to plug directly into Corona LRT, apparently where the entrance just to the west of Audrey's Books is.

I'd be kind of surprised if that Boston Pizza is still here in a few years. It seems to have gotten pretty desolate compared to what I remember back when I was the sort of person who would need a few thousand calories of something in the middle of the night and it was one of the few options. They used to catch a lot of business from the hungry drunks at the various noise bars that used to be to the west of it, and it was still a fairly affordable option for MacEwan students and the like. Meanwhile, the new location in the Ice District just seems much less shabby and has a lot more of a market on its doorstep. The one advantage the Jasper Ave location has going for them is a few parking spaces, and realistically if someone is going to drive to BP's, there's all of the other BPs you can drive to without coming downtown.
Its not as busy as it used to be, as some new things have opened closer to Ice District and its not as nice as the newer location in Ice District, but sure a lot easier to get in and out of.

Many people actually do drive downtown to go to various things, so having the parking there is handy. Mid summer is quieter downtown so not surprised if the hours have been adjusted.

Its not as busy as it used to be, as some new things have opened closer to Ice District and its not as nice as the newer location in Ice District, but sure a lot easier to get in and out of.

Many people actually do drive downtown to go to various things, so having the parking there is handy. Mid summer is quieter downtown so not surprised if the hours have been adjusted.
People do drive downtown, but there's not a huge difference in experience between a downtown Boston Pizza and the Boston Pizza at Kingsway Mall. Or any number of the other 16 or so spread around the city. It probably makes an okay overflow for the Ice District one on game nights, but you're going to have to find parking and pay for it there anyways.

People do drive downtown, but there's not a huge difference in experience between a downtown Boston Pizza and the Boston Pizza at Kingsway Mall. Or any number of the other 16 or so spread around the city. It probably makes an okay overflow for the Ice District one on game nights, but you're going to have to find parking and pay for it there anyways.
Regardless of how you arrive, I'm fairly sure the windows of the BP in Kingsway do not look out at Jasper Ave, so I would say the experience is different.

Regardless of how you arrive, I'm fairly sure the windows of the BP in Kingsway do not look out at Jasper Ave, so I would say the experience is different.
Hmm.
Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 7.14.48 PM.png

They don't have drug users in New York? Maybe they need to get off their high horse and look closer to home.

One Edmonton resident knew the bus station, and noted that the city’s downtown is rife with this kind of urban blight, including homeless people and tent cities.

“Public transit is unsafe, this is where this video was recorded. You can’t get into the downtown high-rise businesses without being buzzed in,” the commenter said.

“Security guards and safe walking plans in place, but still people getting attacked and murdered by drug addicts and parolees out from our insanely lenient in-out justice system,” they continued. “Still, people live and work in these areas and have to deal with this on a daily basis.”

One Edmonton resident knew the bus station, and noted that the city’s downtown is rife with this kind of urban blight, including homeless people and tent cities.

“Public transit is unsafe, this is where this video was recorded. You can’t get into the downtown high-rise businesses without being buzzed in,” the commenter said.

“Security guards and safe walking plans in place, but still people getting attacked and murdered by drug addicts and parolees out from our insanely lenient in-out justice system,” they continued. “Still, people live and work in these areas and have to deal with this on a daily basis.”

Guaranteed the person who provided these quotes A) never takes transit and B) is never downtown. The suburban and rural right-wing fear-mongers love to tell anyone who will listen how bad, scary and dangerous the city is. I see enough FB comments on my community page to know the type.

Back