News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

54 on my street this year. Last year was really low. This was my 6th Halloween(-1 for Covid, -1 for the year I was too late buying candy and it was all sold out) in this house and the highest number of kids I’ve had come by. 1 year I ran out of candy after 45 kids. So I would say generally 45-50 kids seems normal for my street right now. Lots of original owners from 1988 builds still living on my street.

28 kids in Cambrian Heights. The houses on my side of street are on slopes and thus my side doesn't get as many as across the street, where my neighbor got 45. 28 is still quite nice though. When I first moved into the place there were no kids around, and we would usually get around 8-10 kids.

I realize I'm late to this discussion but there were literally thousands of trick or treaters on the streets in Auburn Bay on Halloween. I've never seen such massive numbers before. Also a tragic car accident involving a drunk driver hitting pedestrians.

I realize I'm late to this discussion but there were literally thousands of trick or treaters on the streets in Auburn Bay on Halloween. I've never seen such massive numbers before. Also a tragic car accident involving a drunk driver hitting pedestrians.
I'm always amazed when I hear of an accident involving drinking and driving, and that it still happens.

Anyone else getting any toronto urban planning spam?
I've been getting emails the past few months and just today noticed that they're all coming from different email addresses.

1707330729008.png

I'm not sure what the angle is since the events are real**, neither the emails nor pdfs have links in them, and getting you to whitelist wouldn't be useful for the spammer since they use a new email each time.
weird. Both events seem to be related to www.annualmodularsenate.com or https://www.trueventus.com/

**Although now I see that they're out of Malaysia and their social media gets virtually no interaction, is this even real?

1707331722426.png

The irony though is I have been appreciating the info the spammer has been sending me lol, any legit email mailing lists that would send similar stuff?

Thought I'd share my photos from the eclipse yesterday! I figured some of you would be interested. Made the trip out to Kouchibougauc National park in northern New Brunswick, set up shop on the Fishermans refuge. about 1 km south from the centre of totality, regardless it lasted 3 mins 15 seconds for us, but it felt like 10 seconds.

These were taken with my iPhone 14 Pro, using a Vaonis Hestia Telescope, hence the watermarks. I also brought my Canaan EOS R w/ 250mm along, but forgot and SD card 🫥.

IMG_8408.JPG

IMG_8412.JPG

Sun Flares are very visible in this one.
IMG_8417.JPG

And finally The Sun come back.
IMG_8419.JPG

His should be deleted, unquestionably. He’s proven that his only direction is deeper into his delusions.

I tend to agree. IMHO this forum has always been good for letting people speak their mind, and not censoring people too much, which is great except at some point if posts get too far off topic, or become toxic it detracts from the forum.
It’s a balancing act, but all one needs to do is look at what happened with SSP to know that it’s better to be proactive before too much damage is done.

Last edited:
I tend to agree. IMHO this forum has always been good for letting people speak their mind, and not censoring people too much, which is great except at some point if posts get too far off topic, or become toxic it detracts from the forum.
It’s a balancing act, but all one needs to do is look at what happened with SSP to know that it’s better to be proactive before too much damage is done.
What he said.

The f'n blue sky city? how much money did we waste on that gem? lol
Looks out window: Confirms the sky is blue.

It is very unremarkable and forgettable, perhaps I need to see an ad campaign that goes along with it to "get it".

I came up with a slogan, "Look west, be your best".

References the mountains, that we're west of the center of the universe, that you have the opportunity to be your best, and it also can be spun to tourism or business.

Tell me how my idea is worse.

Last edited:

Back