News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

CanadianNational

Member Bio
Reaction score
Mods: Hope this is in the right place.

Here's a pic from the side of the infotrailer(?) set up by WATERFRONToronto at Queen's Quay terminal. I thought it was interesting, because it's the most up-to-date and comprehensive rendering of the total plan for the waterfront I've seen. My apologies if I'm re-posting something already available.

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Wow! That's amazing. So much information to digest. I'm so excited about the Keating Channel. It has the potential to be one of my favourite parts of the city.

You guys should pick up the latest issue of Spacing. It includes a fold-out of this very same image. It is quite impressive.

^^ The thing in SPACING is the same thing that they are handing out at harbourfront.

They were giving it out on the Art Boat during Luminato, the same thing as the fold-out in Spacing. It's certainly an amazing image.

WOW everything looks great and that's an amazing rendering!

2 areas most need redevelopment planning from this point on: island airport, and the large area east of portlands

just hope they can also speed things up... can't wait.

Wow, that is impressive!

I've got to get a copy of Spacing to drool over the pictures of the waterfront. Best thing to do while awaiting the completion of the real thing.

it appears the western section is quite almost close to finish while the other side hasn't been really started yet.

So much added urbanity. Our city's core will be massive when this is done!

What I would really like to see, and I know the next-to-impossibility of it, is this:

1. Bury the water-pumping station on Bremnerm just south of the SkyDome. 2. Lower Lakeshore Blvd to just below grade.
3. Deck over the entire area from SkyDome to HTO park (at grade level since the road and water-pumping station are now underground)
4. The city now has a large urban park stretching from the water to SkyDome. it links a very important tourist zone (Skydome/CN Tower plaza) with the waterfront.

Alternatively, if the Gardiner Expressway was torn down, the new park could deck over Lakeshore Blvd (not as high as the Gardiner though) through this section, creating pretty much the same effect in a multi-leveled park.

Back