News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Alvin: I'm guessing the Crayola was a bit too wide to highlight the sliver that is the much-rumoured/promisded "thanks a million" piazza. Or perhaps projects that won't get underway in the next 20 years were not included.

Is there any liklihood that large tracts will be put up to international competition so that there will some consistency and quality? I assume the city is directing the scale and usage guidelines, but do we know who the owners and developers are yet - is the land in private hands yet? If not, then the gov't has considerable control over the outcome and I'd hope a panel can influence the outcome. Toronto has one opprtunity to get this right.

Finally, while I like Cityplace's architecture, I wonder whether in 20 years it will provide an inteetsing contrast: modern towers to the West of Skydome, low-rise neighbourhoods to the East. I wonder which will be deemed more successful and enduring down the road?

I've always been a little confused about where exactly the West Don Lands, East Bayfront and the Portlands developments were and how they fit together so this rendering is very helpful.

I would have liked to see the master plans for each site attempt to create self-contained car-free neighbourhoods built for walking and linked to the city by public transit. There won't be many other opportunities like this (except for the island airport) and the thought that each of these buildings is surely going to have multiple levels of underground parking is disappointing.

a little off topic, but I have always found it funny that the East Bayfront is west, and the West Donlands are east, when being compared to each other that is.
Just something I find funny. Dont know why....

If I'm not mistaken 'Canada Square' has had an RFQ put out, as of this past spring. So I am very perplexed as to why an official map has a building where it's supposed to be.

Anyone have any insight on that one?

allabootmatt:

It's from West 8's Central Waterfront proposal, which envisioned some sort of low rise, "organically" developed urban fabric on that site.

AoD

Back