News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I wonder if there is pre-cast going over the cast in place surface pictured above. It seems quite a bit less refined than the surface in the GH3 rendering linked in post #32.

I wonder if there is pre-cast going over the cast in place surface pictured above. It seems quite a bit less refined than the surface in the GH3 rendering linked in post #32.

I doubt it - it looked like cast in place concrete in the renders. I find some of our concrete work look really sloppy here in Toronto (another example - Foster's York U station as built).

AoD

Looking really great. From the latest WT newsletter:

unnamed (10).jpg

Cherry Street Stormwater Management Facility Nearing Completion
If you have visited the intersection of Lake Shore Boulevard East and Cherry Street recently, you may have noticed a new building taking shape. The beautifully designed Cherry Street Stormwater Management Facility is over 60% constructed and will be complete by the end of 2020. When complete, it will be an integral part of a larger stormwater management system being built to address the urban issue of stormwater runoff along the waterfront. With the capacity to treat 1,450 litres of water per second, it will treat stormwater—created by rain and melting snow—and ensure that pollutants are removed from the water before being discharged into Lake Ontario.

Read more about the facility and its award-winning design here.

There was a note from the September DRP meeting that there was some initial dissatisfaction with the quality of the concrete and that the structure has been sandblasted, which improved the appearance significantly. If anyone is in the area, I'd love to see some photos of the results.

There was a note from the September DRP meeting that there was some initial dissatisfaction with the quality of the concrete and that the structure has been sandblasted, which improved the appearance significantly. If anyone is in the area, I'd love to see some photos of the results.

I am glad they actually paid attention to that issue and took remedial action - it would have been so easy to just shrug and do nothing.

AoD

I biked past it a few weeks ago and was definitely disappointed at how the concrete looked. Glad they fixed it

Will there be any other buildings going near it? or just the future alignment of the Gardiner?

The plans are kind of fluid given Gardiner Hybrid plans, but here is a map from the capital approval report back in 2017:

1602778936637.png

There will be buildings to the south, past the Gardiner.

AoD

Back