News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Generally speaking as long as it's sloping away from the house, you're fine. What I would do (not saying it's the best solution), but I'd make sure the backyard slopes toward the garage, put a small grate covered culvert (similar to below) along the garage, and have it wrap around the side of the garage out toward the alleyway. It's the cheapest solution, but I have found they work well for draining away water from the yard and only need to be cleaned once a year. If the gravel beside the garage already slopes toward the alley, you might not need the culvert along the side.
Whatever you do, just make sure it doesn't slope toward the house 👍

1718407869701.png

It's been a brutal May and June. As fortune would have it, this is the first time in 20 years I decided not to do a garden (letting it sit fallow this year). Between water shortages, and crappy weather, I guess it was the year to do it.

It has been a lousy couple of months weather wise. In fact, March and April were sort of sucky too. I bet we could count the number of days when the temperature hit 20 so far this year on one hand.

Hopefully we turn the corner next week and can have summer weather for a while. EC is forecasting 29 Sunday, they seem to guess too high quite often though.
That’s not good. We need a good long cold wet summer! And a few in a row to bring out water tables back up.

Hopefully we turn the corner next week and can have summer weather for a while. EC is forecasting 29 Sunday, they seem to guess too high quite often though.
Now EC has lowered their forecast and TWN has upped theirs to 26 and 28. We’ll see!!

Absolutely crazy weather on Sunday. We got quarter sized hail here in Beddington, and the flowers are completely ruined. At least one car was submerged up past the hood from flooding on our street too.

Back