News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They were ready to pull the trigger on a DT location, but the lower-than-expected traffic and amount of competition made them re-assess.
Yeah now that I think about it, there is a decent amount of cafes in downtown, more than I realized off handedly.

absolutely! it's wild that basically WEM has all the retail DT would have in any other city.

A lot of the retail WEM gets wouldn't wind up downtown in cities of a similar age/size. Even Calgary's downtown retail offerings, while significantly better than Edmonton's, pales in comparison to Chinook or CrossIron. Ottawa is a slight outlier being that the most prominent mall in the city (Rideau) is adjacent to downtown, but look at most American cities our size, and many that are double, and Edmonton is pretty average (and in some cases, better). Compared to the next rung in Canada - the 800-900k cities of Winnipeg, Hamilton, and Quebec City, only QC is better, and that's significantly boosted by tourism, but even its main retail node is in suburban Ste-Foy.

The Taco Shop is opening on BRBN st this spring. It is helmed by Dani Braun, formerly of Tres Carnales and Rostizado, which closed in January 2023.

20240103_131403.jpg

Sounds like Dan has given up on downtown. I will have to ask him when I dine at Taco Shop later this year.

Is the Paradox Museum not happening anymore? No work has been going on in the space and it’s recently been removed it from their website.

Back