20230818_134005.jpg

2nd level across from Old Navy.

Attachments

• 20230818_133441.jpg
    20230818_133441.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 37
^
^^
I know. That was my feeble attempt at humor. I was referencing the 1980's Talking Heads song - Psycho Killer (qu'-est-ce que c'est).
I guess that old saying applies here - if you have to explain your joke then it wasn't a very good joke.
Apologies - I'll slink off the stage in shame now.

West Edmonton Mall, Canada​

You'll discover an authentic replica of the Santa Maria, an NHL-size ice rink, the world's largest indoor Waterpark, and 18-hole miniature golf course, Fantasyland indoor amusement park, dolphin shows, submarine rides, and much more...

The mall is 5 million square feet -- equivalent in size to 48 city blocks -- and is situated in Edmonton's prestigious west end.

L.L. Bean expansion is now open.
Thinka is now open next to the Bubba Gump restaurant.
Garden Bakery is closed.
Second Cup has closed their 2 main floor kiosks and reopened in the vacated Lazio space.
A large chunk of Phase I main level (NW of Hudson's Bay) is now closed with some retailers relocated elsewhere in the mall - I'm predicting a major new or relocating retailer will move in by next year.

Last edited:
With the mind bender more or less completely removed now (I think they finished today), has anyone heard what may be replacing it in that space?

With the mind bender more or less completely removed now (I think they finished today), has anyone heard what may be replacing it in that space?
They haven't announced anything other than WEM's PR statement of "While the Mindbender will be missed, we are excited to announce that we are working on groundbreaking new plans for family thrills that will immerse our guests in an out-of-this-world experience."

So my hopes are very low that it'll be anything noteworthy, and more likely to be 2 or 3 mild family-oriented rides, nothing that would be a destination or marquee ride like Mindbender was.

Back