News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I was here today (Monday) and took a few photos:

dsc01676.jpg

Either way, it looks okay--with the trees gone, you can appreciate the architecture better.

Hard to tell.

I'm wondering if they're searching for a durable substitute for bamboo. (And there's be poetic justice to such a search, considering the U of T greenhouse that once stood next door.)

One less campus trysting place - for a while, anyway: bamboo is hardy and grows rapidly, and the rhizomes store enough energy to send up new shoots.

btw, I noticed another flaw in this building's design: the massively long wheel chair ramp is closed, perhaps because the designers forgot that ice+snow on sloping wood = disaster? I think the ramp should either be covered or rebuilt with good old concrete.

I saw the bamboos recently, or rather, the stumps that are left. How sad. i wonder what's going on there? Maybe some new ones will be planted??

I saw the bamboos recently, or rather, the stumps that are left. How sad. i wonder what's going on there? Maybe some new ones will be planted??

If thats the case bamboo is part of the grass family and most likley these stumps will take off like wildfire.

I still remember the bamboo, back when I attended UofT several years ago. Didn't realize they 're gone, but I did notice they didn't look healthy the last time I saw them. It almost looked like they were drying out. I wonder why it didn't do well. Light? Humidity?

Anyone seen what replaced them?

Back