Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Rocco Rossi

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 76 63.9%
  • other

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I've read that the advanced polls are done via a touch screen and that there are 2 pages, and that Pantalone, Rossi, and Smitherman are all on the second page. Ford is on the front page. Am I wrong in thinking that this is a problem?

I've read that the advanced polls are done via a touch screen and that there are 2 pages, and that Pantalone, Rossi, and Smitherman are all on the second page. Ford is on the front page. Am I wrong in thinking that this is a problem?
By that logic, the other Rocco candidate should clean up!

A little late to change the order of letters in the alphabet.

So I just listened to CBC Radio's candidate's town hall meeting tonight and came to the conclusion this poll is misleading. It should be: What are you voting for mayor?

1)The Coach
2)The Bureaucrat
3)The Policy Wonk
4)The Mayor

Last edited:
By that logic, the other Rocco candidate should clean up!

A little late to change the order of letters in the alphabet.

I just don't think it's fair that the first page of candidates appear right away on the screen without any user intervention. The second page requires the user to know that they can turn the page and that they know how to. To you and I, that may sound as simple as flipping a page in a book, but to many technophobes, they might not get that. I think that the long card works best.

So the alphabet isn't fair? Come on, you're being ridiculous!

The alphabet is fine as it is. It's the method that isn't fair. If you must have people act to view the second page, then you must do so for the first as well. It's not fair to those on page 2. If there's a limitation in the size of the screen, then offer A-O P-Z buttons. If that's not ideal, use a different solution.

And of course, as mythology goes, the sorts of advance voters who are too stoopid to turn the electronic page are the most likely Ford voters...these advance polls are fixed, I tell you;-)

It seems to me that voting for Smitherman because he is gay, is as despicable as voting for Ford because he hates gays.

You could say the same thing about ethnic candidates and ethnic voters who will vote for a candidate simply for being of the same background.

Being gay is a little different than having the same skin colour. Gays, in general, are more liberal and open-minded and less bigoted (although all those crazy gay Republicans in the States seem to suggest otherwise). But you know nfitz, if you didn't obfuscate and LIE and DECEIVE by cutting out parts of my post that didn't fit your argument you'd know Smitherman being gay wasn't my only reason for supporting him. But it's definitely a plus. And a city like Toronto deserves a gay mayor. Didn't Winnipeg already have one? WINNIPEG?

You could say the same thing about ethnic candidates and ethnic voters who will vote for a candidate simply for being of the same background.

Being gay is a little different than having the same skin colour. Gays, in general, are more liberal and open-minded and less bigoted (although all those crazy gay Republicans in the States seem to suggest otherwise). But you know nfitz, if you didn't obfuscate and LIE and DECEIVE by cutting out parts of my post that didn't fit your argument you'd know Smitherman being gay wasn't my only reason for supporting him. But it's definitely a plus. And a city like Toronto deserves a gay mayor. Didn't Winnipeg already have one? WINNIPEG?

Absolute nonsense. That's like saying Britsh people are usually more successful and therefore we should vote for a candidate with such origins. Gay people are no more liberal or smart than any other group of people, the only difference is that when they aren't liberal they usually end up committing suicide.

Homosexuality shouldn't be discriminated against, but it shouldn't be encouraged either. It certainly isn't a positive trait you should be looking for in a mayor.

Stereotyping negatively, you are a bigot.
Stereotyping positively, suddenly you are open-minded.

Absolute nonsense. That's like saying Britsh people are usually more successful and therefore we should vote for a candidate with such origins. Gay people are no more liberal or smart than any other group of people, the only difference is that when they aren't liberal they usually end up committing suicide.

Homosexuality shouldn't be discriminated against, but it shouldn't be encouraged either. It certainly isn't a positive trait you should be looking for in a mayor.

but if you say that non liberal gays usually commit suicide, doesn't that mean that the gays that survive are liberals? making the gay demographic mostly liberal? how can the gay demographic (living) be balanced between conservative and liberal values if the conservative gays usually end up committing suicide?, according to you.

as for your last sentence, you would sound less like an asshole if you simply said "homosexuality shouldn't be discriminated against and it shouldn't be a deciding factor for how you cast your vote."

shouldn't be encouraged? not a positive trait? that sounds like discriminating language. RC8, your views are in conflict. you say don't discriminate but then you discriminate. saying something is not a positive trait or that it shouldn't be encouraged is discrimination.

Back