News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Don't worry iSlutsky,

Don"t worry slut, woobas got your back ;)
Next time someone disagrees with you on an internet forum, I'm sure wooba will be there to give you a big hug.
Don't worry guys, I won't disagree with you or express my opinion anymore....It seems to upset too many of you. :rolleyes:

I'll conceed, new technology makes a 350SF apartment feel just like a 600SF apartment....because of small dishwashers. :D

Can anyone comment on this 546 sqft layout? The cost is 300K.

1a_floor.gif

For 300K, it better be a great location. As I can see, this is a floorplan from Tridel.

Regarding the layout, don't exactly go in mind with what the furniture is shown there. It'd be very very tight placing that sectional sofa in that location, being only 10 feet wide. On top of that, apparently you can fit a small office as well behind the sofa:rolleyes:

I like the idea that the W/D is right by the kitchen. Perhaps if you move the W/D a little further back, you can gain some extra room for some small shelves or hangers to store kitchen items in, such as grocery bags, items you don't use on a regular basis, etc. Keep in mind as well that the dining table has to be quite small.

The bedroom lacks closet space, but its a decent size and has substantial windows. Hmm, just wondering now if you can move the bedroom door further up and expand the closet to make it wider to the corner part of the wall. The only problem that could occur is that piece may be concrete.

I like the stand up shower.

For 300K, it better be a great location. As I can see, this is a floorplan from Tridel.

Regarding the layout, don't exactly go in mind with what the furniture is shown there. It'd be very very tight placing that sectional sofa in that location, being only 10 feet wide. On top of that, apparently you can fit a small office as well behind the sofa:rolleyes:

It's the floor plan for Hullmark Centre. I think it's very cramped.

The other one bedroom unit is 581sqft and has better layout, but it's sold out. So I don't know if I should just buy the smaller one? I am just afraid it will be hard to sell later on.

1b_floor.gif

My first condo (Bay Street, mid 1990's) was 513 square feet, standard (8 foot) ceilings, and no balcony. It sold (locker, no parking) in a week for full price when I put it on the market in 2001. My new place (565 square feet) is only approximately 50 square feet bigger but the layout, high ceilings (10 foot) and balcony make a bigger difference than I was expecting. I've attached the layout below, I know the linear kitchen and placement of the bathroom in proximity to the kitchen wouldn't suit some, but I have no issues with either and am really happy with the way the space feels. I think the market for a well-designed unit in the mid-500 square foot range is pretty good and will likely stay that way considering as someone pointed out earlier the trend does seem to be toward smaller and smaller units. I don't think too many in the building of this particular size (it's the smallest) have been listed since registration (mid-January) but I think the couple that were listed recently were snapped up pretty quickly.

I think that is a tremendously poor deal at that price and will make for a bad investment - space wise, it's not bad. But even if it includes parking and locker it's still too much per ft and will cost about $600/ft when you include closing costs. You will be able to find a larger unit within the next 8 months for substantially less - 15 000 to be complete in the core next year alone (in contrast, less than 3000 new units were completed this year).

My first condo (Bay Street, mid 1990's) was 513 square feet, standard (8 foot) ceilings, and no balcony. It sold (locker, no parking) in a week for full price when I put it on the market in 2001. My new place (565 square feet) is only approximately 50 square feet bigger but the layout, high ceilings (10 foot) and balcony make a bigger difference than I was expecting. I've attached the layout below, I know the linear kitchen and placement of the bathroom in proximity to the kitchen wouldn't suit some, but I have no issues with either and am really happy with the way the space feels. I think the market for a well-designed unit in the mid-500 square foot range is pretty good and will likely stay that way considering as someone pointed out earlier the trend does seem to be toward smaller and smaller units. I don't think too many in the building of this particular size (it's the smallest) have been listed since registration (mid-January) but I think the couple that were listed recently were snapped up pretty quickly.

Have you considered increasing the width of the bedroom? 8.7 feet is pretty tight...

1a_floor.gif

wow, that's ~$550 PSF for North York @ Yonge/Sheppard ! ? ! ? !

that 10'10" width for the LR is misleading as you will need at least 2 feet for circulation since the bedroom door is right in front, so usuable space is around 8'10" which is really close to be sitting in front of a TV;
instead of a sectional, maybe a condo sized sofa of 5'0"-6'0" with slim side tables facing the bathroom wall, where you can have a low 5'0" wide credenza with either the TV on top or hung above.

i'm not keen on the DR space as it's also a main walk-way.
one's options for tables are limited to a maximum width of 2'6" ... maybe something rectangular 2'6" x 5'0" could do dual duty as kitchen prep and eating.

I'm actually in the Oscar Peterson Suite. It's 541 sq ft. Not 560 as I thought.

That's actually a fairly common/standard floorplan in some newer condos. I agree that it is a good layout that minimizes wasted space.

Last edited:
I'm actually in the Oscar Peterson Suite. It's 541 sq ft. Not 560 as I thought.

fp.gif

That is a nice layout. I'm curious, looks like you have a sliding bedroom door. I wonder how common this is, I think its a great idea, it seems to be a lot more functional in terms of not using up space to open it.

layout opinion

1a_floor.gif

The layout is not so bad. In fact, there are good points about it. The kitchen is half open to the living room to give a large room feel, but since they are not actually aligned, the two areas will also will feel distinct.
Also, I'm not a fan of walking right into the kitchen when i walk into a unit. The W/D storage acts as a small foyer wall.

I agree with cdr108's comments, especially about the sofa back facing the bedroom door. That won't be comfortable at all.
Another option: Ask for 3-4 more feet of drywall continuing down from the bedroom wall (to cover the 12' 6" marker). This way you can put the tv on a thin bench on that wall facing into the living room. Of course, you need the cable to run to that wall.
Then turn the sofa around. But I wouldn't suggest a sectional. At the same time, this wall would hide the refridgerator. You could also put small shelving against the back of the wall to face the refridgerator.
For DR, you can now put a small dining set against the back of the bathroom wall. But i prefer CDR's idea of the storage/dining island of some sort.

Last edited:
As someone who now lives in a 1050 square foot 1 bedroom condo, you guys living in shoeboxes are really missing out. The extra space adds up to be very useful, although all of the situations I can think of are only beneficial for people who a) live with someone else, or b) have visitors, so I guess if you never plan to host anyone then 500 square feet should be just fine! :D

What do you get with more space?
- enough closet space to hold your girlfriend/wife's clothing
- enough kitchen space to prepare a nice meal and store the necessary implements like pots, glassware, stand mixer, etc.
- an extra half bath is helpful so guests cannot inspect your toiletries, and you do not have to clean your main bathroom every time someone visits
- a separate office so your junk is not always on display
- separate dining room so you don't have dinner alongside the mess from making dinner
- a large enough living room to seat a half dozen people comfortably

Last edited:

Back