News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Will the Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Cue the “ride Jagmeet” jokes.

AC72F5DF-414C-4E38-B539-43FEAC4ECD0D.jpeg

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes me think Paul is either an idiot, incredibly arrogant, or doesn't actually care about the party. Her behaviour is completely unfathomable. Is this all just a personal vanity project for her?
What I find interesting is Paul gets all the media hype as the party leader, while Marci Ien is never mentioned. I have no idea what is going on in the Green Party but she is not a good or even passable leader - it's all about her.

With current polling, the Conservatives might make a dent in the Liberal 416 fortress. York Centre, Agincourt and Willowdale look like possible flips.
I haven’t voted conservative since Dion v. Harper but I’m liking O’Toole and will likely vote Con this time around. Not that my vote in sheeple Lib Toronto Centre will matter.

I envy those in swing ridings where one’s vote has greater chance of making an impact. https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/battlegrounds/

Last edited:
What I find interesting is Paul gets all the media hype as the party leader, while Marci Ien is never mentioned. I have no idea what is going on in the Green Party but she is not a good or even passable leader - it's all about her.

Despite being hand-picked for Toronto Centre (appointed by Trudeau to run in a snap by-election in one of the safest federal Liberal seats in the country), and her credentials as a broadcast journalist, she hasn't had much of a profile as MP, though she at least does seem to be a bit better a fit personality wise than Morneau, who was probably the worst constituency MP I ever had.

Despite being hand-picked for Toronto Centre (appointed by Trudeau to run in a snap by-election in one of the safest federal Liberal seats in the country), and her credentials as a broadcast journalist, she hasn't had much of a profile as MP, though she at least does seem to be a bit better a fit personality wise than Morneau, who was probably the worst constituency MP I ever had.

I think people are writing off Annamie Paul in Toronto Centre too soon. Based on her social media, she has huge teams of volunteers hitting doors all corners of the riding. She is probably poaching volunteers from other Toronto ridings where the Greens will be lucky to crack 5%. Also, there could be some empathy from voters, especially among soft NDP and Liberal types, who feel like Paul got was unfairly bullied and intimidated by her party.

If Paul does lose Toronto Centre for a third time, does she bow out as leader?

I haven’t voted conservative since Dion v. Harper but I’m liking O’Toole and will likely vote Con this time around. Not that my vote in sheeple Lib Toronto Centre will matter.

I envy those in swing ridings where one’s vote has greater chance of making an impact. https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/battlegrounds/
The Conservatives had Toronto Centre for about 15 years, from the late 1970s to the early 1990s, with David Crombie and David MacDonald. I can't imagine those two running for the current CPC no more than I can imagine voting for a party I have despised thoroughly for years. However, O'Toole has discovered it's easier to garner votes in this country if you run a little bit from the left. The Liberals have a reputation of doing this and governing from the right; I know what the CPC will do if they get elected. In any event I'm in University-Rosedale, and even if I find Trudeau vacuous at best, Freeland has earned my vote.

It makes me think Paul is either an idiot, incredibly arrogant, or doesn't actually care about the party. Her behaviour is completely unfathomable. Is this all just a personal vanity project for her?
Are you a white supremacist? Because it couldn't be her being incompetent, she says it's racism. That's actually what she thinks.

Are you a white supremacist? Because it couldn't be her being incompetent, she says it's racism. That's actually what she thinks.
Yes, it will be racism that explains why one Afro-Canadian defeats another in Toronto Centre.

Back