News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This idea needs to come back. With all the existing bike paths in downtown this could work.
EFCE5717-60A7-4F8B-8FE6-7F6B573466BE.png

So far this winter have noticed a much more consistent snow clearing of the MUPs in the SW. First time I have seen equipment out on the paths during a snow storm instead of always waiting for after. City has done a good job thus far compared to past winters

Bright Light Skate Night fills City Hall Plaza with wonder and delight​

December 13, 2022

Join us in the heart of downtown Edmonton as we celebrate winter and the holiday season at Bright Light Skate Night.

Date: Friday, December 16
Time: 6 to 9 p.m.
Cost: Free

Enjoy free fun for the whole family. Take a twirl on the City Hall ice rink while enjoying beautiful art installations, tree lanterns, firepits, hot chocolate, music, roving performers and more.

Be among the first to see the new art installations, as the works of Canadian artist Ken Hacke and Edmonton lantern creator Dylan Toymaker fill City Hall Plaza with the warm glow of the holiday season. Meet the artists and learn about their inspiration behind their incredible creations.

Also making a return appearance in Churchill Square this December is the popular Happy Wall installation. Created by Copenhagen artist Thomas Dambo, Happy Wall first made its home in the Square from 2018 to 2019. The interactive public art installation is 17 metres long and covered with 1,040 coloured panels of reclaimed wood that can be flipped to create images or phrases.

These exciting artworks will be on display in the Civic Centre from December 16, 2022 to January 30, 2023, with the Happy Wall on site until May 30, 2023.

Downtown Edmonton continues to transform, building a better and more family-friendly gathering place for citizens and visitors. Sir Winston Churchill Square and City Hall Plaza form the core downtown festival and celebration space in central Edmonton. Edmonton’s downtown plays a vital social and economic role in our city and our region. The City of Edmonton remains committed to creating the conditions for a vibrant downtown year round – today and into the future.

City Hall and Sir Winston Churchill Square are easily accessible by bus and LRT. Visitedmonton.ca/transit for route and schedule information.

We hope to see you in the Square!​

For more information:
edmonton.ca/BrightLightSkateNight
edmonton.ca/downtown
edmonton.ca/transit

Media contact:
Karen McDonnell
Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement​

Bright Light Skate Night fills City Hall Plaza with wonder and delight​

December 13, 2022

Join us in the heart of downtown Edmonton as we celebrate winter and the holiday season at Bright Light Skate Night.

Date: Friday, December 16
Time: 6 to 9 p.m.
Cost: Free

Enjoy free fun for the whole family. Take a twirl on the City Hall ice rink while enjoying beautiful art installations, tree lanterns, firepits, hot chocolate, music, roving performers and more.

Be among the first to see the new art installations, as the works of Canadian artist Ken Hacke and Edmonton lantern creator Dylan Toymaker fill City Hall Plaza with the warm glow of the holiday season. Meet the artists and learn about their inspiration behind their incredible creations.

Also making a return appearance in Churchill Square this December is the popular Happy Wall installation. Created by Copenhagen artist Thomas Dambo, Happy Wall first made its home in the Square from 2018 to 2019. The interactive public art installation is 17 metres long and covered with 1,040 coloured panels of reclaimed wood that can be flipped to create images or phrases.

These exciting artworks will be on display in the Civic Centre from December 16, 2022 to January 30, 2023, with the Happy Wall on site until May 30, 2023.

Downtown Edmonton continues to transform, building a better and more family-friendly gathering place for citizens and visitors. Sir Winston Churchill Square and City Hall Plaza form the core downtown festival and celebration space in central Edmonton. Edmonton’s downtown plays a vital social and economic role in our city and our region. The City of Edmonton remains committed to creating the conditions for a vibrant downtown year round – today and into the future.

City Hall and Sir Winston Churchill Square are easily accessible by bus and LRT. Visitedmonton.ca/transit for route and schedule information.

We hope to see you in the Square!​

For more information:
edmonton.ca/BrightLightSkateNight
edmonton.ca/downtown
edmonton.ca/transit

Media contact:
Karen McDonnell
Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement​

I walked through Rice Howard Way this past weekend and while I didn't expect to see a big Christmas tree I did expect to see some light installations and so on that I had heard was happening via the DBA. Was that just for one day? I thought the space would be all holidayed up. But I didn't really see anything of note other than the beautifully decorated lobby at Enbridge.

One of, if not my favourite event of the year.

I will forever remember our winter relay race and going down the Edmonton Ski Club (bunny) hill in a canoe.

I noticed that Winnipeg is hosting the next Winter City Conference this Feb. Happy to see it continuing on.

Back