News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We're nowhere near a unified field theory either. Let's just stop trying.

P.S. So what's your solution Mr. Beez? Ship all the Aboriginals to Tuvalu? That would make a great finish to the already 'beautiful' story of the Aboriginal interactions.

why do they call them aboriginals? is there something abnormal about them?

How much more taxpayer dollars is that going to take? In 2005, Indian and Northern Affairs' budget stood at approximately $5.8 billion, and still we're no where on that goal.

Maybe in hindsight we should've just stopped Europeans from ever coming?

The Native population was doing pretty well before they arrived. Makes sense, right?

Haha....:rolleyes:

First Nations, Aboriginals, Natives, American Indians, Indigenous peoples, can't keep track anymore..

How much more taxpayer dollars is that going to take? In 2005, Indian and Northern Affairs' budget stood at approximately $5.8 billion, and still we're no where on that goal.

The trouble is that there is often very little in the way of a defined "goal" to measure.

Also, the issue of accountability for expenditures is also quite politically sensitive. Trying to find out how money is spent is viewed as often viewed as interference in aboriginal affairs, and since the money is allotted on the basis of a broadly defined race of people, any effort to improve accountability is viewed as interference that is racist in nature.

Hence the reason why a significant portion of the $5.8 billion can't be seen to be doing anything (or even if it is doing anything).

With the benefit of hindsight, if you could go back to the late 1960s through to today, how would you change Canada's immigration system?

I'd start by looking at our most successful immigrant communities, such as African, British, Italian, Greek, American (of all sorts), Indian, Chinese, Sikh, eastern European, Jewish (from all origins), and other communities that in the immediate arrival group or in one generation are usually very well integrated, economically successful, entrepreneurial, well educated and with limited criminal or social problems, and make sure I got more of these.

Next I would look at our least successful immigrant communities, where we have generations of social problems such as pan-generational poverty, higher than average criminal involvement, economic failures, and restrict immigration from those countries. Jamaica and other Caribbean (not all) countries would be prime examples. It seems that a week doesn't go by in Toronto where some son of Caribbean-born immigrants is not involved in violent crime in Toronto...

Perhaps I'm being too harsh.

Yes. You are harsh. It's interesting how you have the most liberal open-door policy for Jews and a restrictive slam-the-door-shut policy for the West Indies. And you still don't think your racist?

In Canada, one cannot criticize immigration without being called a racist.

Send my thanks to your little Pocahontas, please.

[Boy, I'm asking to get scalped]

Back