News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Makes you wonder why Woodbine Centre's Bay is still the Bay and not a Bay clearance centre.
Like I've said here before, there's no way in hell that Bay location has been profitable for the last 20 years (if someone has the data I'd be VERY curious to see it) so it's a mystery as to how it's still going...

Like I've said here before, there's no way in hell that Bay location has been profitable for the last 20 years (if someone has the data I'd be VERY curious to see it) so it's a mystery as to how it's still going...
That Bay used to have a Sears to compete with. Now with that store gone, Bay gets both the Sears and Bay traffic all in one, so it makes a bit of money.
I think this Bay would do better as a clearance centre though. People are already giving the area heavy traffic for "Clearance" as is, with Clearance Warehouse across the street.
(open seasonally, but still...)

It's the BAY...maybe Zellers would go into that bay store...NAH, Zellers should go into the "Vacant Walmart" space in Westwood Square Mall.

Makes you wonder why Woodbine Centre's Bay is still the Bay and not a Bay clearance centre.
do you know what the funny thing is, Bramalea City Centre & Square One (THE BAY) has been around since 1973, and woodbine (THE BAY) has been around since 1985...and somehow, Woodbine's (The bay) looks the worst outta the 3...shameful

If you guys want actual deals, take a drive out to Rockwood Mall in Mississauga. Not far from the Woodbine and has a great store called
Maximum Deals.

Name brand graphic t's for 3 bucks. We're talking Toronto Raptors shirts, WWE shirts, Batman, Mortal Kombat, Walking Dead, etc. Plus, the
store also sells suits and colognes.

Unlike the Woodbine selling the same old stock year after year, Maximum is always getting in new inventory. So, if I was a certain Woodbine Centre
owner browsing this thread...

If you guys want actual deals, take a drive out to Rockwood Mall in Mississauga. Not far from the Woodbine and has a great store called
Maximum Deals.

Name brand graphic t's for 3 bucks. We're talking Toronto Raptors shirts, WWE shirts, Batman, Mortal Kombat, Walking Dead, etc. Plus, the
store also sells suits and colognes.

Unlike the Woodbine selling the same old stock year after year, Maximum is always getting in new inventory. So, if I was a certain Woodbine Centre
owner browsing this thread...
BRUH, how do you know that SLUMLORD of an owner is browsing this thread

BRUH, how do you know that SLUMLORD of an owner is browsing this thread

53 pages of photos and responses curated over a fifteen year span is hard to miss.

As a weekly shopper of the Woodbine, I really wish the owner would close down the Shop A Lot. Most of the items for sale are
broken, sold in tattered packaging, or just missing pieces altogether. It's depressing, the cashiers look depressed, and the store
is usually devoid of customers to begin with.

Shop A Lot really is just a stack of boxes.

Last edited:
Globe article on the owner of Woodbine and other properties in default

Probably paywalled but here's the opening and pretty much everything that's relevant to Woodbine

Romspen Investment Corp., one of Canada’s largest private mortgage lenders, is locked in a court battle with its largest borrower after multiple loan defaults allegedly totalling $333-million – unpaid debt that has hindered its ability to fund investor redemptions.

Romspen has asked the Ontario Superior Court to appoint a receiver to take control of three properties that underpin the distressed loans. If approved, the receiver could sell the properties as it sees fit and the proceeds would allow Romspen to recoup some, or all, of the money it is owed. The three affected properties are located in Toronto: Woodbine Mall and Rexdale Mall, in the city’s northwest corner, and 1500 Birchmount Rd., in the city’s northeast corner.

The borrower, Issa El-Hinn, also known as Chris Hinn, is a commercial real estate investor and businessman. He originally defaulted on multiple Romspen loans in 2018, according to court filings, but signed a forbearance agreement with the lender at the time and has since sold six properties, remitting $222-million worth of proceeds to Romspen. The alleged $333-million still owed to Romspen is over and above the $222-million already remitted.

Probably paywalled but here's the opening and pretty much everything that's relevant to Woodbine
Wow this guy is a true gem of a slumlord, hopefully this means the end is near for Chris Hinn's Woodbine ownership once and for all.

KARMA IS A B*TCH!! [Chris Hinn]

Back