News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Who wants to work at (Woodbine Mall) once again🤩😎👑

unnamed11.jpg

I've read that most of the stores operated by the Woodbine owner just shuffle around the same employees. Having CineStarz offer job opportunities
to applicants outside of the owner's circle of liquidations, gives me a glimmer of hope for the Woodbine's future.

As Woodbine's unofficial new business consultant, I have compiled a list of practical steps tailored towards Woodbine's success moving forward.

1) Remove Maggiano's.
In the eyes of consumers and prospective clients, a dilapidated mall serves as a good indication towards a mall's financial problems. An abandoned storefront
is an even greater testament to the fact. The missing store sign letters, littered insides and "coming 2018" signs needed to be removed yesterday. Furthermore,
this type of negligence is a sad reminder for Woodbine's current shoppers, and a grim first impression for interested tenants in the forseeable future..

2) Remove the hideous wall and floor tiles.
From a visual perspective, shopping malls are supposed to impress shoppers. Sleek designs and attractive architecture are known to draw in foot traffic. At one
point in time, the Woodbine Centre's European-inspired architecture was once considered an underappreciated architectural sight on Etobicoke's west end. These
days, that same storied architecture is being upstaged by the insertion of hideous vinyl wrap wall strips and contrasting floor tiles. These budget-cutting renovations
actually detract from Woodbine's shopping experience, and only continues to exemplifies Woodbine's run down atmosphere.

3) The liquidation outlets gotta go.
Simply put, the current Woodbine owner also operates a chain of liquidation outlets. After name brand stores left the Woodbine, the owner began using the vacated lots
to sell off his own liquidated merchandise. Fast forward to 2023, and casual shoppers are referring to the Woodbine Centre as a glorified flea market. With Woodbine
Racetrack's billion dollar renovations taking place, the last thing anyone wants to see is a dying, barely-functioning mall sticking out like a sore thumb from across the street.

4) New ownership.
In the Woodbine's nearly-40 year history, the mall has never reached a more dismal state than after the current owner's acquisition of the mall back in 2014. Moving forward,
any new receivers or arbitrators tasked with handling the mall's future should, under no circumstance, utilize the current owner as a consultant at any juncture. The Woodbine
Centre may be a niche property in the retail market, but so are other establishments scattered throughout the city. Woodbine is not the first, nor the last mall to incorporate
family-oriented entertainment into their shopping experiences.

Last edited:
Is CineStarz taking over the old cinema spot on the lower level? I ask because I was was at Woodbine two days ago, and didn't notice much difference.
Woodbine Cinemas is still sealed up. Though, the unsightly holes in the wall where the movie previews used to be are now covered and painted over.
So, that's one positive.

Shop-A-Lot continues to remain closed. Yet the upstairs portion of the old Zellers has expanded. Now, shoppers can walk around most of the upper level
and browse through rows upon rows of liquidated goods.

Is CineStarz taking over the old cinema spot on the lower level? I ask because I was was at Woodbine two days ago, and didn't notice much difference.
Woodbine Cinemas is still sealed up. Though, the unsightly holes in the wall where the movie previews used to be are now covered and painted over.
So, that's one positive.

Shop-A-Lot continues to remain closed. Yet the upstairs portion of the old Zellers has expanded. Now, shoppers can walk around most of the upper level
the upstairs of the Zellers should have became a "SuperMarket" it's a shame...

So, that's one positive.

Answer:

1687900134085.png

BlogTO has some details: https://www.blogto.com/film/2023/06/toronto-getting-new-deluxe-movie-theatre-tons-frills/

Back