Well, I guess it was four years ago when the builder selected the materials to be used but purchasers selected them not that long. Some of the purchasers like myself selected the colours to be used on our units only a bit less than a year ago and I am pretty sure the prices were not those of 4 -5 years ago, they were pretty current.
The builder could have changed/improved the materials to today's options but it was easier, and cheaper of course, to offer a selection of materials somewhat outdated. Too bad for such a nice building.

I can just hope that what I chose will work out to be decent enough.:confused:

Don't forget..this is what the purchasers opted for in their design appointment..there was a selection..even for the standard finishes..it's of course each purchaser's individual taste and budget if they wanted to upgrade. For the basic, standard option I don't find it so bad compared to other condo's standard options ..also don't forgot alot of these were bought 4 years ago..at a different price point than today. Todays options and standards have , of course , improved from 4 years ago (ie X2/Five) but at a much higher price point. The original X purchasers have done xtremely well in that regard.

Last edited:
cool outdoor pool, wish my condo had one! we're stuck with an indoor one :D the interior does look pretty cheap

Finishes seem on par with every other condo coming out today. I don't see anything "cheap" about the pictures posted above.

More pics...that bathroom doesn't look cheap to me.

Hate the black appliances though.

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

That view is atrocious. :p

The bathroom and kitchen probably cost the builder less than $7000 combined--so pretty cheap I think!

are we talking about quality or cost?

I don't find the view to be all that bad....I find views to be quite overrated actually.

I'm talking about cost. I renovated a kitchen and bathroom last year so know a bit about estimating cost. Knowing the builder gets deals on volume buys, I think I'll down grade my estimate to $5000 total cost to the builder (excluding labour) for the bathroom and kitchen materials/fixtures/appliances. Yet the condo buyer probably paid $20,000 or so for it?

All I'm saying is for $20k I could design and build an absolutely unique one off bathroom and kitchen.

The view of Rogers? Barf.

Some of those black metal exterior panels appear bent/scratched etc as well.

Dreary grey backsplash tiles? Why don't people realize that basic white (the cheapest option) actually looks much better?

Finally, the kitchen appliances, ironically, would've looked better if the buyer had gone for regulation white.

Last edited:
I'm talking about cost. I renovated a kitchen and bathroom last year so know a bit about estimating cost. Knowing the builder gets deals on volume buys, I think I'll down grade my estimate to $5000 total cost to the builder (excluding labour) for the bathroom and kitchen materials/fixtures/appliances. Yet the condo buyer probably paid $20,000 or so for it?

All I'm saying is for $20k I could design and build an absolutely unique one off bathroom and kitchen.

The view of Rogers? Barf.

Some of those black metal exterior panels appear bent/scratched etc as well.

Dreary grey backsplash tiles? Why don't people realize that basic white (the cheapest option) actually looks much better?

Finally, the kitchen appliances, ironically, would've looked better if the buyer had gone for regulation white.

Yea, I agree, but every builder does that so I'm not sure why X would be any different. You'll always get a better deal if you renovate on your own.

As for the view of Rogers...at least there's some light coming in. It's a lot better than staring at a wall.

Spire was completed more than 2 years ago and the interior standard finishes were too much better than this at X Condos

This one looks slightly better.

6501gl8_20.jpeg

Units with 9ft ceilings have white or grey 2 tiered cabinetry as standard.

I wonder if a 47" tv will fit in that niche?

I believe so. I remember the lady at the design centre said the fireplace woodwork will fit a 46" and the fireplace fits perfectly in that niche.

Don't quote me on this though. :p

I think you are correct. I remember them saying it will fit a 46' TV. We had them enlarge it to fit a 56' for the same price. I just hope there are no mistakes and it doesn't!!
Does anyone have anymore pictures? There should be some exciting ones once people start moving in on the higher floors. I'm on the 43rd and our move in is at the end of March 2011. Is everyone else still on track?

Back