Yep, that is the default standards. The only thing I can see as an upgrade is the glass back splash for $500.

Not bad. I know that I don't have ceiling stipple (sp?), and the wood on the cabinets is different. think the backsplash is also different. Mine's a 695/Foster. I'd imagine the look is rather similar. Still salivating for more photos. :)

^$500? Including parts and labour, I don't see more than $150 there. Ripoff. I'd do it myself.

Buying your own materials, and than spending a few hours working on it after moving in... not for me. I would rather just pay $500 to have it done before I even move in.. Also a builder overcharging for small upgrades is nothing new, its part of buying a new condo in downtown, unfortunately

^$500? Including parts and labour, I don't see more than $150 there. Ripoff. I'd do it myself.

Actually, $500 is cheap for a developer "upgrade." I've seen backsplash upgrades priced $1,000 or more. You are right that materials, a little know-who and some patience will save you at least 75% of the cost. Unfortunately developers typically will instal something - whether you like it or not.

The backsplash in my rental unit is not glass. Also, I believe not all units have an island. The island is a great feature, however it's hard to place furniture in the living area with it being there.

I have heard that black is back, so yes - stainless steel would look great, but black appliances are back in fashion much like skinny jeans :). I personally don't mind. I've owned high end stainless steel appliances in the past. In the end, the appliances serve the same function whether they are black,white,stainless.

If I did own, I would definitely consider some upgrades, but the unit is fine as is for rental purposes. As this is my first condo apartment ever, I decided to rent for a year to see whether downtown + condo living is for me.

full-apt1.jpg

full-apt2.jpg

full-apt3.jpg

full-apt4.jpg

full-apt5.jpg

The backsplash in my rental unit is not glass. Also, I believe not all units have an island. The island is a great feature, however it's hard to place furniture in the living area with it being there.

I have heard that black is back, so yes - stainless steel would look great, but black appliances are back in fashion much like skinny jeans :). I personally don't mind. I've owned high end stainless steel appliances in the past. In the end, the appliances serve the same function whether they are black,white,stainless.

If I did own, I would definitely consider some upgrades, but the unit is fine as is for rental purposes. As this is my first condo apartment ever, I decided to rent for a year to see whether downtown + condo living is for me.

full-apt1.jpg

]

Which style unit is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it's Le Corbusier.

Looks like it, according to the prints. I didn't know they were available at a lower floor level. Hmm.

Regardless, looks nice! When I finally get into my place, I will record a tour of it and put it online. These pics are good, but I feel like I'm not getting a full gauge of what 704 sq ft looks/feels like.

Also, the view facing the city/pool, NICE!

Looks like it, according to the prints. I didn't know they were available at a lower floor level. Hmm.

Regardless, looks nice! When I finally get into my place, I will record a tour of it and put it online. These pics are good, but I feel like I'm not getting a full gauge of what 704 sq ft looks/feels like.

What unit and floor are you at?

I'm very cautious about posting pics of my unit here. People can be very critical here. :eek:

Correct..looks like Corbusier.They start on the 4th floor and go right up to 43. For standard finishes/features not bad at all. The island looks like it has an extended counter top..wonder if the owner did this as an upgrade?

What unit and floor are you at?

I'm very cautious about posting pics of my unit here. People can be very critical here. :eek:

Post it. Just understand that some people are critical of everything, no matter how great it looks.

Hi. Could someone please advise if the hardwood flooring in the bedroom and den is a standard feature or an upgrade . thanks.

Back