Nothing wrong with the view, my view will be my neighbours in the Couture across the driveway :( ...
Jaybee, so you moved in already, nice!
Did you move on the date in the occupancy letter? I hope there are no delays ?
Could you pls. post pictures from the gym, is it open, equipped ?

Last edited:
The building is turning out very nice, the units on the other hand are rather mediocre.
Of the units that have balconies, they are very small and feel too closed in.

The building is turning out very nice, the units on the other hand are rather mediocre.
Of the units that have balconies, they are very small and feel too closed in.

Actually there are a handful of units with balconies up-to 100 sq.ft. I am going to reserve judgement until we see some pictures of non-investment units, above the 18th floor with the 9' ceilings. Most of the pictures seen of the interiors to-date are rental units on the lower floors. The cheapest units in the building.

Actually there are a handful of units with balconies up-to 100 sq.ft. I am going to reserve judgement until we see some pictures of non-investment units, above the 18th floor with the 9' ceilings. Most of the pictures seen of the interiors to-date are rental units on the lower floors. The cheapest units in the building.

How do you know?

How do you know?

Well, I purchased a unit 4 years ago with a balcony close to 100 sq.ft. with 9' ceilings. I knew the price list well, and like most condos, the lower you are the cheaper the unit is. And below the 18th floor the ceiling height is 8' (9' above 18th). The unit's with the 9' ceilings also have better standards (double kitchen cabinets, etc.). Plus, most investors looking to flip/rent will buy the cheapest units (lower floor) and invest little (if any) into upgrades. From the pictures I have seen posted on this forum, are not posted from owners, but pulled from sites like craigslist looking for renters. If I was going to rent my unit, I was think twice before putting $10k+ upgrades in fear of wear and tear.

Forgive me if I am mistaken, just what I have noticed to-date. I should get my PDI in the fall and I will share pictures of my unit for everyone.

I purchased a Foster unit on the 22nd floor years ago and am excited for my PDI. I'm hoping to just check out the lobby 'n other amenities soon, if possible.

The lower floors might seem cramped, but i'm sure that's because of their small square-footage and lower ceilings. Would be nice to see some interior photos. :)

Thanks!

I agree with you. My wife and I bought the Eames on the 43rd and the kitchen cabinets will make a big difference along with the 9ft ceilings.

We too decided to invest in our unit my getting good upgrades that I do not see in the rental units pictures...

I cant wait until March 21st!!

I agree with you. My wife and I bought the Eames on the 43rd and the kitchen cabinets will make a big difference along with the 9ft ceilings.

We too decided to invest in our unit my getting good upgrades that I do not see in the rental units pictures...

I cant wait until March 21st!!

Yeaah, I was told that the higher suites won't move in until next year. Damn. So long!

Holy moly....how long does the lowest floor have to pay in occupancy fees then? I understand that ppl have already moved in mths ago? So, ~9 mths of phantom mortgage payments?

Weird, you are correct in stating that most owners that plan on renting out their units will not invest in upgrades. I am renting out a unit and even with the standard finishes, the unit looks great. The standard kitchen finish is seen in this photo (excuse the mess, I'm still moving in). The balcony is not huge by any standards, but it serves it's purpose well. The unit next to me facing the West has a much larger balcony, so not all units have small balconies as was stated by neuhaus. I'll take more photos of the unit once I'm settled in to give those an idea of how it looks and what can be done with 704 sq ft.

kitchen-rental.jpg

Really wish stainless appliances were standard in this one. I do like the finishes even in the rental units.

Back