I have to say that the prices being asked here by the developer for units compared to anything slightly closer to yorkville are very reasonable. And the pace that this thing is moving at has me floored. At the current rate it could catch up to BSN for occupancy (ok, not really...but it may be just after) and this thing went on sale what 5 years later than BSN? LOL Anybody that bought here must be loving their developer right now.

I agree with you dventura that the pricing for this project seems pretty reasonable given its proximity to Bloor/Yonge and Yorkville. I think it’s the Jarvis St address that keeps it a bit lower than the condo a couple of blocks west, but it’s a good deal. I have been considering it for investment, but can’t quite justify the cost yet (I don’t want to have a negative cashflow). In terms of buyers loving the developer, they should as Great Gulf seems to be pretty good at not being massively delayed. I bought in a previous Great Gulf project (18 Yorkville) and it was only delayed by a few months which impressed me a lot and stunned most of my friends. And after I moved in, I only had to pay 2 months of the ‘phantom rent’, which is really quick from what I’ve heard. So I was really pleased with them for that. However, I was less pleased with their customer service. The guy who led me through my unit inspection told me I only had 15 minutes, because everyone was given 15 minute slots. I had been advised by many people that I could take as much time as I needed, so I tried to dispute this, but he insisted I only had 15 mins. So I whipped through the unit, trying to check every light, open every window, every closet door etc., and he kept saying to me “Don’t worry, I’ve already checked, everything is fineâ€, which was obnoxious given the whole point was that I myself can check. I caught some errors, which he wrote down, but I missed a bunch of things because I was so rushed, like scratches in the hardwood and a cracked slate tile. When I added them to the list, the developer tried to deny fixing them because it wasn’t in the initial report. I had to argue with a few different levels of their management and ultimately they fixed everything. What a hassle. But that was just an early hiccup. Ultimately I really love the building and have totally loved living there. I think the finishes and the construction in my unit in general has been quite good. So if they do X like they did 18 Yorkville, you should be happy. Just make sure you do not allow yourself to get rushed through your unit inspection and write everything down!

I agree with you dventura that the pricing for this project seems pretty reasonable given its proximity to Bloor/Yonge and Yorkville. I think it’s the Jarvis St address that keeps it a bit lower than the condo a couple of blocks west, but it’s a good deal. I have been considering it for investment, but can’t quite justify the cost yet (I don’t want to have a negative cashflow). etc.............

Hey riley, thanks for the advice! I will make sure to take extra care for my inspection! One of the selling points for this condo besides the location and design, was the builder.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who have had their meeting already, -while I know there's no overhead lighting in the bedroom's or den (that's extra), -but is there standard overhead lighting in the living room/area?

if GG is not providing ceiling lights in the den + bedroom (I'm a little suprised actually) ... its unlikely that ceiling light outlets will be provided in the living room ... that's the Canadian stanard it seems

I have to say that the prices being asked here by the developer for units compared to anything slightly closer to yorkville are very reasonable. And the pace that this thing is moving at has me floored. At the current rate it could catch up to BSN for occupancy (ok, not really...but it may be just after) and this thing went on sale what 5 years later than BSN? LOL Anybody that bought here must be loving their developer right now.

Hi:
I'm new to this thread. I recently bought the "Neutra" (935 sqf) from X Condo GGH. I am just curious, does anyone know how much the Neutra was in 2006 when the project opened? I am so excited bc of the location and the look of the condo!

Hi:
I'm new to this thread. I recently bought the "Neutra" (935 sqf) from X Condo GGH. I am just curious, does anyone know how much the Neutra was in 2006 when the project opened? I am so excited bc of the location and the look of the condo!

Hi Imti,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.

X came on the market in May 2006, and preview pricing for the Neutra started at $342,990 from the 4th floor. Sorry, it did not list the floor premium.

Hi Imti,

X came on the market in May 2006, and preview pricing for the Neutra started at $342,990 from the 4th floor. Sorry, it did not list the floor premium.
Any idea how much the Eames was? Thanks.

Any idea how much the Eames was? Thanks.

As a matter of fact ... :D

preview pricing for Eames started at $280,990 from the 5th floor, but I don't have the premiums for the different exposures (NW, NE, SE) or floor.

It appears that X came on the market for ~ $350 PSF in May 2006.

As a matter of fact ... :D

preview pricing for Eames started at $280,990 from the 5th floor, but I don't have the premiums for the different exposures (NW, NE, SE) or floor.

It appears that X came on the market for ~ $350 PSF in May 2006.

Interesting. I went by the sales centre yesterday and the price psf in the official pricing list worked out to about $600 psf but then when u talked to the saleslady she had a sheet that had all the limited times discounts which brought prices down to anywhere from 460 psf to 500 psf for the smallest one available (584 sq ft). I didn't remember the initial pricing being so cheap. I remember going into he sales center at the opening and working out he average psf as the low 400s and comparin them to Casa which was about 450 psf at the time. I remember telling people both were good prices because uptown down the road was at 600 psf already and crystal blu was up there too. They are obviously more central but the other two are still pretty close. I asked if she thought there would be another discount and she said no. She is only authorized to sell one or two of each style of the remaining units at the discount because she said GG wanted to raise the prices soon now that the market seems to be turning around. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Interesting. I went by the sales centre yesterday and the price psf in the official pricing list worked out to about $600 psf but then when u talked to the saleslady she had a sheet that had all the limited times discounts which brought prices down to anywhere from 460 psf to 500 psf for the smallest one available (584 sq ft). I didn't remember the initial pricing being so cheap. I remember going into he sales center at the opening and working out he average psf as the low 400s and comparin them to Casa which was about 450 psf at the time. I remember telling people both were good prices because uptown down the road was at 600 psf already and crystal blu was up there too. They are obviously more central but the other two are still pretty close. I asked if she thought there would be another discount and she said no. She is only authorized to sell one or two of each style of the remaining units at the discount because she said GG wanted to raise the prices soon now that the market seems to be turning around. Will be interesting to see what happens.

30-70% appreciation (+/- 5% for floor premiums) in 3 years ... that's bubble territory if there ever was !

i'm confused about the prices people are quoting though ... i thought i saw ads recently in CG, CL, and other advert mags selling units for about $400 PSF ?!?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much the Mackintosh unite is now? I bought one in 2006 for about 235k. Is on 30th floor facing east.

Hi Imti,

Thanks so much cdr108. I am sure that when the the building is complete and phase 2 opens, the prices of the units will seriously appreciate (given the location and fact that 1 Bloor will not be happening).
Have you guys seen the black cadding today. It looks stunning! This condo will look remarkable for sure.

Does anyone know how much the Mackintosh unite is now? I bought one in 2006 for about 235k. Is on 30th floor facing east.

Mackintosh is priced at 330 k on the 42nd floor. The price list I am looking at is from two weeks ago.

So I just shelled out $9 k for the euro appliances and now I'm having some 2nd thoughts. Does anyone see as a buyer on condos see value in these appliances??? I may start a new general thread but your feedback is appreciated.

Back