Happy birthday Tissot :)!

OK, our PDI was this morning, but I will post pictures later, I can't download them at work.
We have the Eames, the inspection was 1 hour, with the picture taking :)...
There is not much to do, the paint job is sloppy, but they will do touch-ups. Some scratches on the hardwood, will be fixed. Dents on the cabinets - the doors will be replaced. We have no island insert ordered, but the island is the type where you can attach insert, not the one completely closed-up.
Really, not much to say, bathrooms are completely finished (we choose exactly the look on the Charlie's model suite), the rest will be touched-up.
The lights are dim, that's true, the bathrooms can use a good light source, at least for ther inspection, but even like that, there was nothing major to notice, maybe some dust in the corner :) ...

Happy birthday Tissot :)!

OK, our PDI was this morning, but I will post pictures later, I can't download them at work.
We have the Eames, the inspection was 1 hour, with the picture taking :)...
There is not much to do, the paint job is sloppy, but they will do touch-ups. Some scratches on the hardwood, will be fixed. Dents on the cabinets - the doors will be replaced. We have no island insert ordered, but the island is the type where you can attach insert, not the one completely closed-up.
Really, not much to say, bathrooms are completely finished (we choose exactly the look on the Charlie's model suite), the rest will be touched-up.
The lights are dim, that's true, the bathrooms can use a good light source, at least for ther inspection, but even like that, there was nothing major to notice, maybe some dust in the corner :) ...

Thanks! surprised you remembered :p

Can't wait to see your unit.

It looks smaller than it really is, somehow the view overwhelms the apartment. But the size is decent :).

Attachments

• IMG_5619.jpg
    IMG_5619.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_5632.jpg
    IMG_5632.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5633.jpg
    IMG_5633.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_5624.jpg
    IMG_5624.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_5631.jpg
    IMG_5631.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_5626.jpg
    IMG_5626.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5628.jpg
    IMG_5628.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5634.jpg
    IMG_5634.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_5629.jpg
    IMG_5629.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5623.jpg
    IMG_5623.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5627.jpg
    IMG_5627.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_5635.jpg
    IMG_5635.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_5622.jpg
    IMG_5622.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5620.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_5625.jpg
    IMG_5625.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_5630.jpg
    IMG_5630.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_5621.jpg
    IMG_5621.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 317
It looks smaller than it really is, somehow the view overwhelms the apartment. But the size is decent :).

Thanks for posting your pics, I am in the same corner but some floors up from you.
Could I ask, are those floor outlets I see in the photos?
And someone mentioned there were vanities in the bathrooms, is that true? Or just mirrors?

and congratulations!

Thanks for the pics! Your unit looks great.

Just a quick question. Is there any phone jacks in the bedrooms?

Thank you :)!
Yes, floor outlets, neat eh? The vanity, oh I forgot to take a picture of it, but it's just above the toilet, one wrong move and the pills are in the water! Verrrry narrow, shallow but tall cabinet :(. You can fit single row of vitamin bottles, not more than 6-7 cm deep. Maybe 5 shelfs, the top one useless for me - I am not that tall ...
Yes, there are phone and cable outlets in the bedrooms !
I can't remember, why is the island white when the cupboards are gray, did I choose that :/ ?

Last edited:
I can't remember, why is the island white when the cupboards are gray, did I choose that :/ ?

I asked specifically about that, and was told the island would match the cupboards. I don't you think you chose that! I went with white cupboards so for me I guess it does not matter.

Hi all,

I am new here but have been viewing the postings of people who have already gone into their units. Looking good so far. I will be inspecting my unit tomorrow, and will take some photos. Hopefully they come out well. It is a Foster unit, so likely this will be one of the first ones posted on here.

Hi all,

I am new here but have been viewing the postings of people who have already gone into their units. Looking good so far. I will be inspecting my unit tomorrow, and will take some photos. Hopefully they come out well. It is a Foster unit, so likely this will be one of the first ones posted on here.

Good luck! I have a Foster unit, as well!

When you discover common element deficiencies:

1.Let the Property Manager know (in writing) & keep a copy of your correspondence.

2.Complete your resident/owner technical audit survey. (You won't see this document 'till after transfer of interest from builder to condo corp, & election of board of directors (3) & their engagement of same, ie. technical auditior....many months down the road)

The key thing is for the directors, management & residents to all do their best to be certain that all discovered commom element deficiencies are captured in the technical audit. Otherwise, (aside from structural matters, which have a longer warranty) the builder is off the hook, and the condo corp. is on the hook for the repairs.

Ok so I went for my inspection today. For the most part it was quick, and looked well put together. Inspector wasn't happy with the floor installation and they are going to rip it out and do it again. So some touchups here and there. Balcony space is quite big, bedroom a bit small but overall it's a pretty cozy unit. It feels very plain inside the unit and the inspector also informed me that I will be able to fill out everything quite well there. Registration likely to happen December or January. I will attach photos later, wish I did a better job lol . Hopefully the hallways will be more complete by the time I get there.

Registration likely to happen December or January. I will attach photos later, wish I did a better job lol . Hopefully the hallways will be more complete by the time I get there.

Really? Registration in January? I'm not even scheduled for occupancy until February.

The 4th floor had its hallways carpeted just yesterday, so I suspect it will take some time for all the other floors to be fully carpeted.

Ok so I went for my inspection today. For the most part it was quick, and looked well put together. Inspector wasn't happy with the floor installation and they are going to rip it out and do it again. So some touchups here and there. Balcony space is quite big, bedroom a bit small but overall it's a pretty cozy unit. It feels very plain inside the unit and the inspector also informed me that I will be able to fill out everything quite well there. Registration likely to happen December or January. I will attach photos later, wish I did a better job lol . Hopefully the hallways will be more complete by the time I get there.

If you don't mind sharing the info, how much did you pay the inspector and do you think it was worth it? Would you have noticed the floor problem on your own?

Back