I was informed by the Manager of Great Gulf Decor Center that colour selections is expected to start sometime this coming December.

X2 Colour Selections has now officially started. It is located at one of the townhomes at X. Are there any X2 buyers out there that can give us a description of the colour palette, standards, options, prices of upgrades, etc. thx!

X2 Colour Selections has now officially started. It is located at one of the townhomes at X. Are there any X2 buyers out there that can give us a description of the colour palette, standards, options, prices of upgrades, etc. thx!

..just had the color selection - so smooth ceiling, granite counter top for the kitchen island, granite back-splash, engineered floor for 2 bedrooms, a drawer under the kitchen sink total near $8000.

..just had the color selection - so smooth ceiling, granite counter top for the kitchen island, granite back-splash, engineered floor for 2 bedrooms, a drawer under the kitchen sink total near $8000.

X2Buyer, which floor are you on? How was ur overall colour selection appointment and how long did it take to finish? Was it a pleasant experience? There is an option to upgrade to granite backsplash?? I thought it was only painted glass, etched glass, and marble tiles as the upgrade selection?

X2Buyer, which floor are you on? How was ur overall colour selection appointment and how long did it take to finish? Was it a pleasant experience? There is an option to upgrade to granite backsplash?? I thought it was only painted glass, etched glass, and marble tiles as the upgrade selection?
I would say overall positive experience (around less than an hour for me) Schnoober; since anyway I'm not a high maintained customer. As long as you have a color sense what you like I think it won't be a hard job; however the lady did mention the couple before us got into an argument what to select since you can either go with the color theme choices they put up for you (3 of them, light greyish/beige, brown, dark greyish/black) or mix match. Then if mix match, you've got much more combination choices to make and decide. e.g. 6 color to pick from for floor I believe then plus cabinet, bathroom tiles, cabinet so some color matching exercises. Upgrades are not difficult at all since I wanted the common ones only (the must ones for me).
Sry it is the marble tiles backsplash..to me they are the same material (stone) vs glass etc.

I would say overall positive experience (around less than an hour for me) Schnoober; since anyway I'm not a high maintained customer. As long as you have a color sense what you like I think it won't be a hard job; however the lady did mention the couple before us got into an argument what to select since you can either go with the color theme choices they put up for you (3 of them, light greyish/beige, brown, dark greyish/black) or mix match. Then if mix match, you've got much more combination choices to make and decide. e.g. 6 color to pick from for floor I believe then plus cabinet, bathroom tiles, cabinet so some color matching exercises. Upgrades are not difficult at all since I wanted the common ones only (the must ones for me).
Sry it is the marble tiles backsplash..to me they are the same material (stone) vs glass etc.

X2Buyer, were you given any pictures to take home of what the kitchen / bath would look like? Or given pictures of colour palette?

Just curious what peoples experiences have been with choosing the finishes/upgrades for their suites and has anyone taken on photos of the available samples at their consultations? My appointment is next week and I'm curious to see what some of the options are :)

Just curious what peoples experiences have been with choosing the finishes/upgrades for their suites and has anyone taken on photos of the available samples at their consultations? My appointment is next week and I'm curious to see what some of the options are :)

Just an FYI, if you're a contractor of any kind, Tucker Hirise likes to hide behind shell companies and not pay their contractors.

They order work, in writing and when they are told to pay they pass the buck from shell to shell. I got burned by these guys and they should tear these shitholes down because they were build with stolen money.

Just an FYI, if you're a contractor of any kind, Tucker Hirise likes to hide behind shell companies and not pay their contractors.

They order work, in writing and when they are told to pay they pass the buck from shell to shell. I got burned by these guys and they should tear these shitholes down because they were build with stolen money.

Is this why some contractors do crap work in new construction? It's hard to do a good job if your employer isn't paying you.

Is this why some contractors do crap work in new construction? It's hard to do a good job if your employer isn't paying you.

Why is it related to the X-condo, is the builder using services from Tucker Hinise?

Could be. But in my company's case, we are a small company, that does very good work, and now when Tucker or and Great Gulf companies call, we tell them to find someone who is willing to work for free. Anyone who runs a small business knows that people not paying their bills on time (Let alone ever...) can be a real sticking point for a company.

We were lucky, our job for them was small, I feel bad for the guys who get the larger parts of the job. I'm sure they are not being paid in full. I'm looking forward to when they screw over someone big enough that will lean the property and bend them over for their bill. Though I guess it's hard to serve someone with a lawsuit if they have shell offices, never answer their phones and don't return messages.

Back