and these are the same type of people one trusts with the largest purchase of their lives ... good luck !

I think there is a level of disorganization but I think this was a lot of hype. This was the top story in Toronto today.....the media fed into the hype, the agents fed into the hype and the developers are the ones benefitting from the hype.

this was all over the news this morning (CityTV) - there was a 3 day line-up, a 10 day lineup, and a lineup that started last night. The ones that got honoured were the lineup that started last night. They just handed out the numbers. The 10 day lineup is across the street is protesting with "UNFAIR" signs and won't leave.

They pissed off a lot of powerful agents. I'm curious to see what will happen to future projects by the developers

it is such coincidence that Baker Real Estate was also the brokerage representing Bazis' 1 Bloor ... I'm sure many of us remember the drama in that case as reported in the news ... intentional? may be so ~

I truly think Baker Real Estate brewed the 'incident' on purpose for extra media coverage

It's really Baker Real Estate not coordinating anything. The developers hire this brokerage to take care of their sales portion so it's up to them on making it run smoothly but they don't. It was also them doing OneSherway last weekend, although it wasn't as crazy, it was still totally unorganized. These developers need to hire a better brokerage who is willing to make things civilized, what's so hard about taking numbers.

it is such coincidence that Baker Real Estate was also the brokerage representing Bazis' 1 Bloor ... I'm sure many of us remember the drama in that case as reported in the news ... intentional? may be so ~

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, this is all staged by Baker Real Estate marketing department.

in one queue, that they are all Chinese/Oriental agents and on the other side they are all Hindi/Hebrew speaking agents

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...nother-condo-line-battle-on-bloor-street.aspx

I think you guys are really reaching to even think that Baker staged this. As I said earlier, lineups like this happen ALL the time (and with the same amount of people). There were lineups and people camping out for Ice 2 just last week, but it never made the news.

The only reason this became such a publicized issue is because you had 3 competing lines, the police were involved and you had people holding up "unfair" signs on Bloor Street right outside the ROM/RCM.

This kind of coverage does nothing but hurt Baker and Great Gulf.

I did like the theory of intentional racially segregated lines. Maybe if you threw in a car crash or two, you've had a TV movie of the week.

This craziness on Bloor is just another way of GG getting people hyped up for the future sales pitch of Number One Bloor. My god,:eek: hopefully the Yonge and Bloor building wont look anything as bland as X-2.

It was all about Baker generating publicity for X2 condos ... IMO

I don't believe this is a staged event, I saw this coming. Charles & Jarvis is on my daily walking route with my dog, most every time I've walked by there in the past two or three weeks I've seen people standing around, staring up at X or walking around and trying to get into the sales office. I've noted this two or three times on this thread in the past several weeks. Anyone else here who has frequented the X site here to photograph it etc. can likely confirm this.

^ The developers must be pulling their hair out. They've got a product that people line up for and fight over but they still have trouble getting financing.

I don't believe this is a staged event, I saw this coming. Charles & Jarvis is on my daily walking route with my dog, most every time I've walked by there in the past two or three weeks I've seen people standing around, staring up at X or walking around and trying to get into the sales office. I've noted this two or three times on this thread in the past several weeks. Anyone else here who has frequented the X site here to photograph it etc. can likely confirm this.

Confirmed. Does not matter what time I visit the site to view the progress, I always see people walking around, taking, and going to the sales centre. It'e been like this since the spring. X2 sales frenzy has nothing to do with marketing or a staged event. The location is in demand and the project is solid with one of the best builders behind it, blocks away from the highly anticipated 1 Bloor (by the same builder). I can see the price of this area jumping up in the next 5 years once 1 Bloor is built. People see this opportunity for their investment.

I too saw the racially separated lines--and it reminded me why Toronto's multiculturalism still isn't ready to work. Why anyone would buy a condo in today's environment beats me?! It really is just one big pyramid scheme.

That being said: I wish X2 success as I love to see attractive buildings go up in Toronto.:)

Agents: how did this thing sell?

I...It really is just one big pyramid scheme.

That being said: I wish X2 success as I love to see attractive buildings go up in Toronto.:)

Agents: how did this thing sell?

Agreed. IMO allowing RE Agents to purchase on speculation is like government sanctioned Insider Trading. Why is this tolerated?

Back