News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'll need to go for a drive on Yellowhead Trail and Fort Rd sometime during the upcoming long weekend.

1699635529915.png

Looks like they're getting ready to shift the NB/SB lanes of 127 Street over

^drainage

A few things with the Yellowhead Trail construction.
(1) The eastbound exit to 149 Street is nearly complete.
(2) The access road past 142 Street is nearly complete. St. Albert Trail will require drivers to take the 149 Street exit.
(3) The median around 149 Street still needs a median curb.
(4) The detour roads around 127 Street (running west of Yellowhead) and south detour road is done.
(5) The noise wall looks complete.
(6) The speed limit east of 66 Street is 80 km/hr.

So come 2024, the only stretches of roadwork left would be St Albert Trail - 97 St and the 66 St overpass? The rest will be 80 km/h?

Yeah I would say that the stretch of the Yellowhead between St Albert Trail and 156 St is almost ready to open 3 lanes, hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
Same deal with Fort Rd, which is currently just 1 lane per direction under the CN overpass.

Last edited:
The one thing about 115 Street is the Yellowhead alignment will be slightly south. A lot of digging south of the Yellowhead to start.

The one thing about 115 Street is the Yellowhead alignment will be slightly south. A lot of digging south of the Yellowhead to start.

I do remember seeing some freshly dug hills between 107 St and 121 St. I assumed that was due to Blatchford redevelopment or the Metro Line extension. I'm so glad they are making a head start on the next phase of the Yellowhead freeway conversion.

I'm still waiting for these businesses to clear out if they haven't done so already:

1699896999009.png

Back