News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

If you continue to troll "woke," trying to provoke a fight, you'll soon be greeted by a disinvitation to the party here.

...I suspect with this in bad faith poster's idea of "crackheads" is the sound of police batons being cracked over such when they're all being cleared out. Faux caring is really faux here. /bleh

How is my post trying to provoke a fight? Not everyone will agree on this but different opinions should be allowed.
It's not what you're saying but how your phrasing it. Remove the dog whistles from your narrative and you'll find this has already been talked about mostly with civility without needing to moderate here. Otherwise, high octane indeed. /sheesh

How is my post trying to provoke a fight? Not everyone will agree on this but different opinions should be allowed.

It's not trolling but rightfully calling out the high octane nonsense that's engulfing parts of our culture.
You're allowed to disagree, you're allowed to discuss, but the way that "woke" is being used is dismissive and disrespectful, and it's not going to get you any points 'round these here parts. So go ahead and press your points, but don't spark it with a word that is meant to trigger others.

My only regret here...well, two actually...

...is that they not nuking and redesigning said Square along with the name change. And I won't be so easily be able to call it Dumbass Square anymore. /sigh

Yeah I really struggle to see the local relevance to this proposed name. If they had chosen an indigenous name, at least that would make some measure of sense more than a name from Ghana.

Although ultimately, I do not see the need to rename the square or the station or the street. The TMU rebrand was a fail as far as I'm concerned, and this one I think will be even more of a fail since it makes no sense. At least people call it TMU instead of Ryerson now. No one will Dundas Square by the new name.

If you continue to troll "woke," trying to provoke a fight, you'll soon be greeted by a disinvitation to the party here.

"Provoke a fight"? In my view it's not a fight until someone comes along and throws a punch, and you just did. Up till such a point it's just as fairly seen as trying to provoke a discussion, trying to provoke agreement, or simply saying what he/she thinks.
To make myself as clear as possible, mcbg1 expressed an opinion and you came along and punched him/her in the nose. Sorry, but bullying is a mild term for that. I have others I'll keep to myself.
I'd love to see mcbg1 get a big fat apology. Have a nice day.

Back