8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

CanadianNational

Member Bio
Reaction score
Right smack dab against the Ballet School are these odd 'freehold townhomes' that have been under something like construction for a year - if the term 'construction' can be applied to something literally built out of styrofoam with concrete used as filler, and wood dabbed around the edges. Falling apart even today when I saw them, and looking like they were never meant to go up in the first place, these shoddy, cramped bits o' awful are something to behold. Anyone have any news about them?

eyesore7.jpg

eyesore5.jpg

eyesore6.jpg

eyesore4.jpg

eyesore3.jpg

eyesore1.jpg

eyesore2.jpg

Did that sign say occupancy Fall 2006?

I was in the neighbourhood a few weeks ago and didn't even notice them. I did notice how weird the stacked townhouses across the street look from above (the old Four Seasons site).

According to the City of Toronto Building Permit Database:

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=1431276

Application: Residential Building Permit Status: Work Suspended

TORONTO ON M4Y 2G6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 04 112892 BLD 00 RP Issued Date: Apr 20, 2005

Project: SFD - Townhouse New Building

Description: Build 6 Row houses with integral garages along the side lot line.

Building Inspection Pt9 Apr 22, 2005
Inspection Mignardi, John

AoD

I've been watching these slowly go up. I noticed at one point when the framing was going up that it was all wood, no cement except the foundation. Very strange little development there.

It looks like it's rotted beyond repair. It's in... bad... shape. :cool:

I noticed at one point when the framing was going up that it was all wood,

The outside walls look like insulated concrete forms.

Reminds me of Vancouver and it's leaky condo saga. I was amazed to see the same sort of cavalier attitude towards durability.

It looks like it's rotted beyond repair. It's in... bad... shape

maybe in 10 years ...

strange they choose this type of construction more typical in hurricane zones (or at least uncommon in Toronto)

If they ever do a "Beverly Hillbillies Reunion" movie, well, we've got a pre-built set waiting for them. Now, cue up the banjo music...

They do seem stalled but only since perhaps May or early June, it hasn't been that long. A Stinson side project perhaps?

Might I add that "Mysterious Eyesore On Jarvis" is one of the great condo names Toronto will never see.

Edit: Along - come to think of it - with "The Thing on Bay".

I'd say have a pre-sales of both the Jarvis site and "The Thing on Bay" (good one, SNF) to moronic real-estate paras-er, brokers. See how many take the bait.

Back