8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

TonyV

Member Bio
Reaction score
Autumn, beautiful autumn is the best time in Toronto to take a walk.

I LOVE the walk from Broadview & Danforth, south on Broadview, into Riverdale Park, over the footbridge, past the baseball diamonds, and finishing at the cobblestoned end of Carlton Street (entering my 'hood).

What / where is your favourite walk?

I've just discovered the trails up at the Duffins Headwaters in Uxbridge Township. Walked around Walker Wood yesterday.

Beautiful. Can't wait to go back.

In Toronto, any walk by the lake is an easy winner for me.

There are so many wonderful walking areas and my dog loves the temperatures that this time of year bring. My favorates -

* Cut down by the back entrance of Sherbourne station on Glen Road, zig zag a few streets and bridges, down the steps in front of the Don Valley Brickworks and go north, south or along the Don River for a great walk

* The many streets with big mature trees in neighbourhoods like Cabbagetown, Rosedale, the Annex (north or south of Bloor), neighbourhoods south & north of College West, Queen West etc.

* Around University of Toronto grounds

* Through any number of downtown area parks (Queen's Park, Riverdale Park (west), David Balfour, Allen Gardens etc.)

Last week, walkies took me through a door in Scotia Plaza and up some stairs for a leisurely look at an art collection - including a couple of nice 1920 Milne winter landscapes, a gloomily interesting view of Toronto bay looking east by J. Colin Forbes, and a painting of a waterfall by Joseph Légaré, all in the main floor lounge, and a fine 1887 painting by Homer Watson, Springtime, in the one on the second floor.

Next week, who knows where I'll peregrinate ...

Take your pick
silly_walks_small.jpg

There's a few great walks in Scarborough leading down or along the Bluffs. The Doris McCarthy trail is pretty cool. I also like the walk down the abandoned road at Fishleigh. Scarborough Heights offers some of the most scenic views anywhere (feel free to disregard the barriers preventing you from getting up close to the edge), and there are some overgrown trails in behind St. Augustine's that are also enjoyable to walk

My favourite walk, one I take often, begins (or ends, depending on the direction I'm coming from) at the ROM. Philosopher's Walk takes me past the RCM, down to Hoskin Avenue. From there I usually walk through Soldier's Tower and around King's College Circle to College. Sometimes, I choose to walk from Hoskin through Queen's Park. I love the views, I love the historic buildings, I love the juxtaposition of the old and new architecture, and the sense of being in the city, but in a park at the same time.

my favorite walk is Carlton street east of Parliament (in Cabbagetown) through to Riverdale farms/Riverdale park, then if Im up for it to take the bridge over the don valley to the other side of the park, up the hill to Broadview and sit and watch the city. Its amazing this time of year with all the tree canopies changing colour.

my favorite walk is Carlton street east of Parliament (in Cabbagetown) through to Riverdale farms/Riverdale park, then if Im up for it to take the bridge over the don valley to the other side of the park, up the hill to Broadview and sit and watch the city. Its amazing this time of year with all the tree canopies changing colour.

A variation on this is to go down Park Road near Yonge & Bloor to Rosedale Valley Road, which then takes you to Bayview where you can go up into Cabbagetown right near Riverdale Farms.

Cabbagetown was absolutely beautiful yesterday. Full of people out for a stroll.

I had a great walk through Leslieville, "Riverside", Don Mount, Regent Park, Cabbagetown, Riverdale Park, and Riverdale.

Does anyone agree with me that they should rename Riverdale Park West? Perhaps to Cabbagetown Park?

Rouge Park is amazing. This is one area of Toronto where more Torontonians need to come up to and enjoy (especially now with all the colourful trees)

Last edited:
I'll give you a good one not many know about ... well, it's used a lot actually - maybe not many on this forum :)

Belt Line Linear Park - it's an old rail line that they converted into a trail.
Your surrounded by huge tall trees on either side of a narrow path ... once you cross Eglinton there are some gigantic houses too, check out:
http://www.toronto.ca/parks/brochures/walks/DW_Central.pdf

The part labeled 1)

If you do just 1) it's only about 30min or so ... take a subway or bus to Eglinton West and once your done your walk you'll be at davisville on the yonge line!

If you want more you can continue on through mount pleasant cemetery and even the DVP area!

Last edited:
My favourite walk is a short one. It is the path from Hoskin to the ROM at U of T. I forget what it is called, I think one of the plaques has Taddle Creek on it.

I'll second... erm... fifth Cabbagetown... but to provide another idea for you, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but a walk through Mt. Pleasant Cemetary is a great way to see fall colours too, plus you can take in lots of history. I believe they have guided tours and walks on weekends, but I've never done one.

Back