News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
,,,If Robbie wasn't licking his lips and wigglin' his hips at halftime, well, God bless the poor lad.

Sorta like?

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 4.44.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 4.44.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 4.44.08 PM.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 155
Rob has been super quiet lately. Could he have stopped getting treatment and is just enjoying time with his family?

I think he's probably feeling pretty crappy from the accumulated chemo treatments. I suspect if he had good news about the latest tumours shrinking, we'd have heard from him or Doug. He's screwed.

Council meets again next week. If he's a no show and doesn't put holds on anything, it will say a lot.

Especially since the meeting is all about the 2016 Capital and Operating Budgets.

Last time I watched one of those, he squeezed a grocery list of what he saw as cuttable programmes into a single Members Motion. He had five minutes to speak on all of the items together, and you can imagine how persuasive his arguments were. I think one suggestion was accepted—to stop printing some internal city newsletter.

So you can pretty sure his staff is working on another mean list for next week, which if he is indeed absent, will get the same amount of love has the motion he tried to get through two meetings ago over councillor per diems. Budget items go through a long process, and this is exactly the way to ensure Ford's pet peeves do not make it in—and yet, at the same time, guarantee he gets more attention than he deserves.

Rob has been super quiet lately. Could he have stopped getting treatment and is just enjoying time with his family?
Neither Doug or Rob is campaigning. No NFL whoopla from the guy who wanted a franchise for TO. No medical updates except Jimmi's reports from Filion. I suspect Rob's enjoying heavy duty pain meds in hospital because in his condition being in the house with even the most basic/minor reno would be nixed by his Drs. It is very strange but I've been suspecting this since he, if not Jacobs, went quiet. Wonder what his staff are doing to "hold the seat" or is that why the signs are still up in his office window.

Neither Doug or Rob is campaigning. No NFL whoopla from the guy who wanted a franchise for TO. No medical updates except Jimmi's reports from Filion. I suspect Rob's enjoying heavy duty pain meds in hospital because in his condition being in the house with even the most basic/minor reno would be nixed by his Drs. It is very strange but I've been suspecting this since he, if not Jacobs, went quiet. Wonder what his staff are doing to "hold the seat" or is that why the signs are still up in his office window.

They probably figure they can save some money by just printing up some "Mike" stickers to go over the "Rob" on the signs

Ya, so weird he and Doug are so quiet. Maybe he'll suddenly return with a bang? He was a joke as mayor but I'd still miss the guy if he's gone.

I don't wish cancer on anyone, that is for sure.

Maybe he'll suddenly return with a bang?

I doubt it. They don't even do fluff pieces in the Sun talking about chemo and surgery now.

If he got better, he would keep on running for office until he died. You would need a permanent ban from office to make that happen. Plus, even if he wasn't an elected official, he would still be in the news every day for some reason.

If he got better, he would keep on running for office until he died. You would need a permanent ban from office to make that happen. Plus, even if he wasn't an elected official, he would still be in the news every day for some reason.
I guess a long jail stretch would have done the trick, but I suppose that ship sailed long ago.

Rob still has his "Rob Ford - Councillor" signage up in his office window. The Government Management Committee is discussing a city-wide policy for this kind of thing in a week so I guess they may, finally, be removed. See: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/gm/bgrd/backgroundfile-90087.pdf One of the forbidden acts is: Placing or erecting displays on the interior or exterior windows of corporate facilities is prohibited, unless required for the operation of corporate facilities.

Rob still has his "Rob Ford - Councillor" signage up in his office window. The Government Management Committee is discussing a city-wide policy for this kind of thing in a week so I guess they may, finally, be removed. See: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/gm/bgrd/backgroundfile-90087.pdf One of the forbidden acts is: Placing or erecting displays on the interior or exterior windows of corporate facilities is prohibited, unless required for the operation of corporate facilities.

It's already in direct violation of a motion passed by City Council, which by definition, is a by-law.

Every other councillor facing the square has complied, which in a way makes the situation worse, because it makes it look as if Rob owns the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back