News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mikey was the type who just kept quiet and voted, like a lot of councillors do. A minority of councillors use up a majority of council time.

Last edited:
Look at what the pressure of just being on council did to Uncle Rob according to some (reliable?) sources, even before being mayor.

That Kevin Clarke guy who's running in ward 2 just followed me on twitter. So it's him, Strain and Mikey?

I just got followed by someone named Dwight McLean, who is the People's Party candidate for the provincial by-election.

Look at what the pressure of just being on council did to Uncle Rob according to some (reliable?) sources, even before being mayor.
I was wondering about this. Will we see Mike gain weight? Easing stress through overeating is probably how he got overweight in the first place.

But let's not dismiss the other Ford family addictions. Even though he might have grown up hating drugs and alcohol -- because of all the terrible things they caused in his life -- it wouldn't be shocking for him to end up abusing them. It wouldn't be the first time. Many times kids of alcoholics say "I'm never going to be like that" only to end up addicts themselves.

I see that more as the tension between Rob being coerced into running for mayor and whatever his personal demons were that led him to handle the stress of mayoralty so badly.

This was at some Conservative leadership event. Check out his timeline for more.

Doug's support for Trump is as appalling as it is predictable. Trump is even more of a bullshitter than Doug and when he tells CPC candidates to stop being 'politically correct' (a phrase entirely drained of meaning in a way Orwell would recognize), it really means 'don't bother me with your pesky facts and elitist nuances'. Doug's probably hoping that if Trump becomes president, he will be in some position of power to align himself politically with Trumpian principles. I know it's a cliché to compare Trump to Hitler, but Doug could be a buffoon in the Mussolini mould.

It seems to me that Doug is crashing every Con party but they don't seem interested. They saw the harm that was done when the Fords had their get-together with Harper just before the election. I also remember during the municipal election when Doug announced he was stepping away from provincial politics to help with Rob's campaign. The look on his face was one of personal rejection and not one he made. I don't think they want him near them.

I think the PCs would rather have Doug being an A-hole at their private get-togethers inside the tent than running around the province/country taking shots at them from outside where he'd probably get more attention. He probably thinks that Trump's genius was in being actively involved with the GOP (and the Dems) thru his donations and networks and then running as a candidate trying to take down the Party.

I think the FoFam's pressure on Mikey in trying to make him alter himself to fit their ranting and bluster style, which he doesn't innately seem to have an inclination toward, could do him in. He just doesn't seem to be Built Ford Tough.

I see that more as the tension between Rob being coerced into running for mayor and whatever his personal demons were that led him to handle the stress of mayoralty so badly.
Rob wanted the title, not the job. He wanted to impress the Cachet Ladies and the FN hangers on and the Boys in the Hood. He wanted to be a whale in the pond who could dis all those snotty "elites" that ignored him, kinda like beating Richview Collegiate in the finals.

Rob wanted the title, not the job. He wanted to impress the Cachet Ladies and the FN hangers on and the Boys in the Hood. He wanted to be a whale in the pond who could dis all those snotty "elites" that ignored him, kinda like beating Richview Collegiate in the finals.
Don't forget about the best brother ever. For the first time in his life Rob was more popular than Doug and I don't think Doug knew how to react to his new role. I think Doug's still surprised that his stupid little brother managed to create "Ford Nation".

Don't forget about the best brother ever. For the first time in his life Rob was more popular than Doug and I don't think Doug knew how to react to his new role. I think Doug's still surprised that his stupid little brother managed to create "Ford Nation".
There is so much truth to this. Doug's behaviour after Rob's death really sealed it. He was used to being the better looking, skinnier brother with the big house, prettier wife. Then Rob became both mayor and a cult hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back