News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Hmm, I wonder how Toronto orders impact Plattsburgh. It's mostly assembly isn't it?

Where do the Flexity seats come from?
That's quite the puff piece - does not mention that Bombardier is late delivering to BART too!

the future of Bombardier? probably exactly the same as the past, feds, regardless of party affiliation, throwing away billions of dollars to keep this Quebec company afloat, ignoring literally everyone else in the industry and using leverage to force domestic airlines to by their plans, municipalities to by their trains. :( Quebec reaps rewards, Canadians suffer

the future of Bombardier? probably exactly the same as the past, feds, regardless of party affiliation, throwing away billions of dollars to keep this Quebec company afloat, ignoring literally everyone else in the industry and using leverage to force domestic airlines to by their plans, municipalities to by their trains. :( Quebec reaps rewards, Canadians suffer

I think you missed the point. I will say it again.

Governments in Montreal, Quebec City, and Ottawa just agreed that Bombardier will not supply the equipment for Montreal's new transit line.
The Caisse, who own 30% of Bombardier's rail business, also agreed.

That's pretty tough love from where I sit. Only a few years ago, Bombardier would have been the only contender for the contract.

Quite an achievement - Bombardier has managed to get three levels of government to agree on something. That something is - let Bombardier sink or swim.

- Paul

I would not read too too much into this......SNC-LAVALIN is also a pretty important company in Quebec and they were the “front” for the bid that includes Alstom.

La Caisse is, after all, the largest shareholder in SNC-LAVALIN......this may have been an “anti BBD” choice.....but it is far more likely it is a a “pro SNC “ choice.

I would not read too too much into this......SNC-LAVALIN is also a pretty important company in Quebec and they were the “front” for the bid that includes Alstom.

La Caisse is, after all, the largest shareholder in SNC-LAVALIN......this may have been an “anti BBD” choice.....but it is far more likely it is a a “pro SNC “ choice.
Agreed.

Should look at who Alstom and Bombardier have been partnering with on other bids. This may have nothing to do with Alstom.

The Caisse is the largest shareholder in SNC? I didn't know that.

Wow, that starts to put a big spin on all of SNC's corruption issues. My first thought was who would even let SNC bid on something like this.

Any indication where these Alstom vehicles might be made? I thought the Brampton facility a rather odd idea, for the relatively small Metrolinx order. But if they already knew this was in the bag, it might explain a few things.

Agreed.

Should look at who Alstom and Bombardier have been partnering with on other bids. This may have nothing to do with Alstom.

The Caisse is the largest shareholder in SNC? I didn't know that.

Wow, that starts to put a big spin on all of SNC's corruption issues. My first thought was who would even let SNC bid on something like this.

Any indication where these Alstom vehicles might be made? I thought the Brampton facility a rather odd idea, for the relatively small Metrolinx order. But if they already knew this was in the bag, it might explain a few things.
currently own about 12% of them

http://cart.morningstar.ca/Quicktakes/owners/MajorShareholders.aspx?t=SNC&region=CAN&culture=en-US

Reactions: rbt
That's incorrect. Governments had no involvement or say whatsoever in how the bidding process was conducted.

Let me rephrase. Governments agreed that this time they would have no involvement or say whatsoever in how the bidding process was conducted, instead of quietly ensuring the work went to Bombardier as has been the case so often in the past.

- Paul

Yeah I was half expecting some variant of Bombardier's Innovia line of trains to *win* the bid. Other than Vancouver no one else is buying them. And they've effectively been banned from S.Korea for getting them to buy into it. Thought gov't intervention in Mtl would've had a deal signed, sealed, and delivered. A bit surprised they're going with Alstom, though maybe Mtl has good rapport with them after the BBD/Alstom Azur deal.

Back