News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rob was only a 'good councilor' if you think that the role of a councilor is to return resident phone calls and get pot-holes filled - rather than encouraging use of 311, which Rob did not support - while constantly complaining about waste (elsewhere) and with absolutely NO concept of 'city building". This mind-set MAY be acceptable for a Councilor (though I do not think so), it is certainly not for a Mayor.

The first half of that statement I do think is an admirable trait in a councilor, and one that will be much harder to do effectively in 25 wards.

The city building speaks more to his vote on council, and while he was certainly a terrible, horrible, no good seat there, at least he actively did no harm, in the sense that (as a councilor) I don't think a single one of his items was ever significant *and* approved.

Undecided or just don't care and therefore will not vote?

Polling accounts for that. If they’re not planning to vote, they’re not included in the undecideds. Of course people who say they’re going to vote don’t necessarily show up but the same is true for those who say they know which candidate they support.

I’ve never seen the number of undecideds at such a high number that close to an election (the poll was done a few days ago). For what it’s worth, I do think that turnout is going to be historically low.

Do you think that Crisanti could beat Mikey?
He could I just don't think the odds are in his favor.

Sidenote but I know there was a discussion about ward 3 with Mark Grimes. I really don't think there is any chance he loses. Even if he has relatively low levels of support(like 35%) the vote will split between Morely and Gough. I think the Labour crowd backed the wrong candidate, because I think Gough had a better chance of winning if they gave her their support and Morely is a weaker candidate.

Same problem potentially happened in ward 5 as well. When I went thought there there a few weeks ago there was a decent amount of support for Chiara Padovani but labour is supporting Lekan Olawoye.

Last edited:
Those are good predictions. I second them all.

I'll add that Carmichael-Greb who got elected by a thread in the low teens will be defeated by Mike Colle.

Wong Tam beats Smitherman and Troisi easily.

Fletcher edges Fragedakis.

The Campbell vs Holyday race is a mystery to me but I think the Holyday name will take the worse progressive back to City Hall.

What I'm holding out for is if Denzil will finally be gone. Caplan is a strong campaigner and Minnan-Wong did surprisingly poorly in his ward when it was the size of a provincial riding.

I have my doubts about Ken Lister in Ward 17, I mean, this is the first I've heard of him as having "contender buzz"--if John Filion can bounce back, so could Shelley Carroll; and if not her, likelier Christina Liu (endorsed by the Sun, the current Tory MPP, and Mayor Mel)

I have my doubts about Ken Lister in Ward 17, I mean, this is the first I've heard of him as having "contender buzz"--if John Filion can bounce back, so could Shelley Carroll; and if not her, likelier Christina Liu (endorsed by the Sun, the current Tory MPP, and Mayor Mel)
I like Ken Lister but to me I don't think he has the backing to win that riding. Also the Anti-Carroll vote will split.

Back