News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually aside from Mammo who is basically the Josh Matlow of the Burbs there are actually many very good councillors in that list. I'd be happy to see both out for good.
Nope, not even close. Mammo stands for the total rejection of data, analysis and expert planning. He’s no more than the personification of a fact-free identity politics that begins and ends with resentment. Matlow is one of the few Councillors who acts as if reasoned argument, planning and return on investment actually matter when we’re deciding whether to spend $4 billion or so. The only universe in which your comment makes sense is a bizarro world of tribal identity where everyone has to be judged on whether they support or oppose SSE.

I can actually see both points of view on Matlow. I don't buy his champion of "evidence" based reasoning shtick put I admire his thorn in the side character non-the-less. I can clearly see Tory wanting his grandstanding out of the way but on the other hand consensus is for fools and Matlow raises valid points.

What is largely lost in partisan political discussion is that the entire point of the exercise isn't to pave the way for a crushing defeat of the opposition. That actually doesn't serve the public interest. The Sun endorsements are comical in this regard but I would level the same criticisms on the progressive urban consensus on display at times on this forum.

I can’t share the numbers for competitive reasons but Kevin is *this* close to slaying an NDP dragon on his first try. Holy sh%t.

EFB5FA7B-B413-4A6D-89DA-FF332DA051D3.jpeg

Attachments

• EFB5FA7B-B413-4A6D-89DA-FF332DA051D3.jpeg
    EFB5FA7B-B413-4A6D-89DA-FF332DA051D3.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 633
Progress Toronto has been doing robocalls talking about Grimes’ corruption. Good for them.

Also, anyone who campaigns against sidewalks needs a boot to their nimby-riddled brain.

Third and Forth places in ward 10 are way further down from the two front runners. Most candidates including semi high profile April Engelberg and Al Carbone don’t even register above 1%. They’re all bunched up under “Another Candidate” which is a low single digits number.

Undecided is still unusually high for an election that’s tomorrow! That to me spells trouble for the incumbent. Those undecided *will* decide who’s city councillor for ward 10.

Whatever one thinks of Matlow, to equate him with Mammo is nutzoid.

They both have very little respect for voters from other parts of the City. I would argue Mammo is more respectful in this aspect as he actually sticks to issues in his own ward during election. Matlow is the worst and doesn't know when to draw the line. At some point if you think you really know better than the other people you should run for Mayor or shut it.

You might be right its nutzoid as much as I'm really no fan of Mammo, Matlow is certainly more aggressive, toxic and divisive outside of his own ward.

Last edited:
\

But were told there are no party politics on council? lol.

Seriously wish you the best of luck tomorrow, the City really needs new blood to give people more of a voice.

Of course there are parties. It's the worst kept secret of City Hall. That's why I'm supporting an independent. There are dippers, Liberals and Conservatives on Kevin's team and he's shown to be able to bring strongly opposing factions together — see how he made peace with Al Carbone during the height of the King Street Pilot middle finger ice sculpture saga. It's a beautiful thing.

I am really curious to see if Kevin Vuong is legit or if he is Andray Domise 2.0.

I too was surprised by Andray Domise. He was so visible, he was so eloquent. He was a rockstar on Twitter. Then 3rd place with 8%, behind Luke LaRocque... womp womp.

But then in retrospect it was clear. He didn't actually have a campaign. He made TV appearances, did well in the print media and I'm sure worked the ground and talked to voters. But that's not enough. Elections are enormously hard and they're not won in the media, they're won pounding the pavement, working for almost a year knocking on doors and attending events in the ward.

Kevin has done exactly that. He's been working non stop since May. He was already a community leader and organizer. I've never seen a candidate work so hard and I've been at this for 20 years. Having seen the polling, I'm happy that it reflects that monumental effort.

The big unknown is that there are a significant number of undecideds, a day before the election. For Cressy, that spells trouble: people want change. For Kevin, the trap is that people might not bother voting in this election. The incumbent wins if that's the case.

So, I have no clue who's going to win. The only thing I'm pretty confident of is that Kevin and Joe are going to be in the top 2.

Yup exactly I hope we dont see many Andray Domise 2's tomorrow but I fear we will. i.e Chiara Padovoni, Amber Morley, Felicia Samuel etc

Look no further than Tiffany Ford.

I love her but she has not adjusted her campaign to the new larger ward. She's still running a Jane/Finch election in a ward that is far more diverse in all aspects. She's still running a campaign against Mammoliti when Perruzza is the likely frontrunner.

She'll come in third place. The question will be, will Anti-Mammo voters have second thoughts at the last minute and vote for Perruzza or will they stick with Tiffany. If they stick with her, she might be a close third, if not, she'll end up with 8% like Andray.

They both have very little respect for voters from other parts of the City. I would argue Mammo is more respectful in this aspect as he actually sticks to issues in his own ward during election. Matlow is the worst and doesn't know when to draw the line. At some point if you think you really know better than the other people you should run for Mayor or shut it.

You might be right its nutzoid as much as I'm really no fan of Mammo, Matlow is certainly more aggressive, toxic and divisive outside of his own ward.

You describe him the way a #MeToo'd guy might describe a "vindictive" ex.

Back