News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So will this be the start of the end for Douggie? Mainstream media ignored the affair because it was private, but now with the nomination battle and father job there is public money at stake. Expect a lot of newsrooms are working overtime on this right now.

Possible outcomes:
  • Blows over and “special relationship” gets ignored
  • Body blow / embarrassment for Ford but he survives
  • Affair breaks, gets linked back to patronage scandal because now Ford is directly implicated and his party says enough is enough
I’ve said since the beginning that Ford will be the one to do himself in. Will be difficult to move past this - probably won’t be the final blow but it’s a big hit.

So will this be the start of the end for Douggie? Mainstream media ignored the affair because it was private, but now with the nomination battle and father job there is public money at stake. Expect a lot of newsrooms are working overtime on this right now.

Possible outcomes:
  • Blows over and “special relationship” gets ignored
  • Body blow / embarrassment for Ford but he survives
  • Affair breaks, gets linked back to patronage scandal because now Ford is directly implicated and his party says enough is enough
I’ve said since the beginning that Ford will be the one to do himself in. Will be difficult to move past this - probably won’t be the final blow but it’s a big hit.

I can't imagine how finding a cushy job in the government for your mistress' father** isn't career-ending, but who knows. Important to keep in mind that how disliked he was before the cabinet shuffle last week - and then this.

** TBC

AoD

Last edited:

Back