News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So the '“Ford’s base support across Ontario is about 25 per cent,” said Corbett (from link)' show those 25% are "real people", while the other 75% are not "real people".

Hmmm.
Guess we should paraphrase the famous quote: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

(A proclamation by the pigs who control the government in the novel Animal Farm, by George Orwell. The sentence is a comment on the hypocrisy of governments that proclaim the absolute equality of their citizens but give power and privileges to a small elite.)

Doug Ford is a pig alright, but he's not a communist pig.

Also, I'm glad to know I'm not a real person....that's why my votes don't count! It all makes sense now.

So, hydro CEO duly appointed by another government gets fired to the tune of millions in severence.

“Secret” patronage appointments get asked politely to resign, no black mark on their resume, when severance for “without cause” would be worth about two weeks of pay. Why not set an example and outright fire them, Dougie?

That doesn’t sound like a guy who “hit the roof”; it sounds like a guy who got caught.

Last edited:
They probably would have gotten away with it for the most part but giving that 26 year old frat boy a $160k job that he was totally unqualified for tipped off the media to continue sniffing for more

They probably would have gotten away with it for the most part but giving that 26 year old frat boy a $160k job that he was totally unqualified for tipped off the media to continue sniffing for more

What they should really be asking is how come the Hotmail lawyer Gavin Tighe got a patronage job.

AoD

Last edited:
If I may make an observation: unlike, say, Sask's Grant Devine government where the stench wafted through all of cabinet and caucus, this seems *highly* centralized--by and large, Ford's PC caucus is shielded from the worst of it, other than being trained seals, etc; their weakness is their "strength", so to speak..

And essentially, Dean French's inlaws-and-cronies modus operandi was but a supposedly "safely" once-removed version of what would have been DoFo's own modus operandi--largely because within the tightly-knit Fordiverse, anything beyond is terra incognita. And on the personal one-on-one level which the Fords most succeed at, it's actually a disarming way of doing things; like, knowing that someone who *always* has someone who can do the job for you--even if it's a matter of procuring illegal Oxycontin (as per one of the more notorious incidents of RoFo's 2010 campaign)

That doesn’t sound like a guy who “hit the roof”; it sounds like a guy who got caught.

He hit the roof because he got caught. And I don't doubt his anger is genuine; we all know he has a temper like a blast furnace, and (naturally) he immediately began screaming that everyone but himself was to blame even if he bore direct responsibility. He's that kind of guy.

He hit the roof because he got caught. And I don't doubt his anger is genuine; we all know he has a temper like a blast furnace, and (naturally) he immediately began screaming that everyone but himself was to blame even if he bore direct responsibility. He's that kind of guy.

But geez, let’s stop that budding narrative that this is a Dean French problem - no, it is a Ford Family problem - Rueben Devlin, Gavin Tighe, Ron Taverner, Earl Provost and even Dean French himself - they are their fixers. Patronage is at the very core of the relationship.

AoD

But geez, let’s stop that budding narrative that this is a Dean French problem - no, it is a Ford Family problem - Rueben Devlin, Gavin Tighe, Ron Taverner, Earl Provost and even Dean French himself - they are their fixers. Patronage is at the very core of the relationship.

AoD

Just like he and his brother had enforcers doing the dirty work at City Hall. Doug is the godfather of all crap that's cooked up at Queens park, he is in charge and had his enforcers do the dirty work.

Me might be thinking people are going to give the issue a pass - but of course, now is a different time from a year ago.

AoD
And there's a certain percentage of Ford voters who bought into the rhetoric about ridding the government of cronyism, only to find under Ford it's in full, unabashed force.

It's a minor problem hiring qualified friends for jobs, because they can at least do the actual work. A year in and the Ford government has been blatantly hiring people vastly unqualified for cushy positions. Taverner could be taken as a one off, but this week… Whoooooo boy!

Back