News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

1. unsubstantiated rumoured Manulife 1000 footer
2. remeber the air jordan niteclub! - development happens in blocks (sherbourne & King, for example)and with Boutique, Aspen Ridge, Shangri-la these won't last!
3. mid 30s storey tower on midrise podium (aspen Ridge)
4. don't know
5. (lot directly north) future city hall annex (lot northwest) future provincial court expansion
6. I think its redevelopment wll happen sooner rather than later

not bad when you consider 20+ years ago it was almost all parking lots

So two confirmed developments: a condo without a design and a low-rise court structure. That still leaves four by my count, but you are right. It's better to be optimistic, not that long ago it was all parking lots. Especially that enormous wasteland which became the Metro Center!

^the condo most certainly has a design considering it's up for re-zoning

April 29

From Simcoe Park looking east.
2453352940_31971037c5_b.jpg

Well here is a shot of Bay Adelaide, with a rainbow in the foreground, from my condo which I sold yesterday. I will miss the view.
June 24th is my last day here so I will def. take a pic of RBC again before leaving.
Enjoy!

bayadelaide.jpg

why is there a huge electric substation there, it could have been underground???

The electrical substation is probably the oldest thing in the picture. The area has seen a lot of development over the last three decades.

Yes, a few decades ago the whole area was a sea of parking lots. Does anybody have an old photo of the area taken from the CN Tower that they could post here? I'm thinking late 1970s or early 1980s. The contrast with its current state is immense.

i remember seeing that picture, it was rather gross the amount of parking there was.

ample parking day or night, people shouting "howdy neighbour"

The substation is near the middle of the picture here, looking West from atop the Toronto-Dominion Centre, then under contruction.

kingstxtd1966.jpg

Another aerial, circa 1973. The substation is up on the left.
toronto-1973.jpg

For the heckuvit:
Base of the CN tower, around 1977
aerialxcntower1.jpg

look at that parking lot in the 1973 picture!!! :eek:

Thank you CanadianNational for those photos; it's amazing to see the differences between then and now. It's easy to forget that practically the entire lower 'western downtown' was once covered in railyards, and even after many of the tracks were gone, they were merely replaced with parking. I still shake my head at that supersized parking lot:

Back