News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Seems like it's happened for a while now but "The Rooster" at Bloor West & Delaware (near Ossington) is closed off temporarily. According to info posted on the front windows, they suffered fire damage.

20220101_140925.jpg

Paintbox Bistro in Regent Park has permanently closed:

Paintbox was the first condo I ever did Security in and I remember when they were building this place. If I recall it had a massive flood when it was being constructed.

Black + Blue steakhouse will be opening at the Toronto Stock Exchange building. The restaurant will be 2 levels, nearly 9000 sq ft inside, and include a 2000 sq ft patio.

Last edited:
Black + Blue steakhouse will be opening at the Toronto Stock Exchange building. The restaurant will be 2 levels, nearly 9000 sq ft inside, and include a 2000 sq ft patio.

"the Toronto Stock Exchange building"
Is this the old Exchange building that was home to the Design Exchange? Or is this the Exchange Tower at King and York?
Not sure how you would get a two level restaurant into the Exchange Tower, unless one level is in the concourse.
On the other hand, where do you put a 2000 sq ft. patio at the old Exchange building? Does it go into the courtyard of the TD Centre buildings behind the bank branch pavilion?

"the Toronto Stock Exchange building"
Is this the old Exchange building that was home to the Design Exchange? Or is this the Exchange Tower at King and York?
Not sure how you would get a two level restaurant into the Exchange Tower, unless one level is in the concourse.
On the other hand, where do you put a 2000 sq ft. patio at the old Exchange building? Does it go into the courtyard of the TD Centre buildings behind the bank branch pavilion?

Would have been nice if the article provided an exact address as well.

Although this piece below provides a little more detail, saying the Old Toronto Stock Exchange Building. Assuming the report is accurate.

According to the Group, the restaurant in Toronto will be at the Old Toronto Stock Exchange Building, and it will be two levels with inside 8,800 sq ft and a garden patio of 2,000 sq ft.

Last edited:
Zucca Trattoria, on Yonge south of Eglinton, closed some time ago after moving to a location further south on the same side of the street. No mention of the closure on their Instagram and their website is still up. I had quite a few great meals there, back in the day.

Mark McEwan is leaving the ONE Restaurant at the Hazelton Hotel, as the McEwan Group have sold their 50% share in the eatery.

For someone who is trying to save his business, McEwan is being oddly reckless... Poilievre is so detestable that this is more than enough for me to never set foot in a McEwan establishment ever again (and I have been going to his restaurants since North 44 opened).

Capture d’écran 2022-02-27 111410.png

Back