News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

What your not understanding is I have been talking with go transit for years and they have been listening

If your biggest issue with GO is which model of horn they should use on their equipment, I think your efforts are quite misplaced. And certainly not on the wavelength that others here care about.

- Paul

They pay millions to actual professionals for business decisions, not foamers.
To be fair, at this point in the game this is basically a matter of splitting hairs. Metrolinx is one of the worst run organizations in the city - I'm not sure they are getting their money's worth out of whatever advice it is that they have been receiving. Not sure it makes much of a difference if a consultant suggests diverting GO buses to Port Credit or a foamer does because they want to rack up rare mileage.

Reactions: TDE
Lol am a foamer but I work for go transit too. That's why I talk to them regularly
Implies to me an employee or contractor.

These words do not sound like either:

GO Transit just contacted me again! they shared my recommendation for future rail design, I feel like GO Transit or Metrolinx knows who I am know since I been contacting them for years about all sorts of stuff.

Nope it's not social media. I have met with them several times talking about future go transit projects etc. I talked to them about the K5LA and how it should come back, and a couple of other things about the fleet which I cannot share with you people.

Yes I did I mailed it to them, and the cab cars look exactly like the blueprints
You do you, but your credibility here may be a little thin.

it's secrets to you people on this forum, not everyone tho. I talked about a dual horn system. I have blueprints for the refurbishment of the cab cars 200-214 I sketched them out years ago.
It’s ok everyone, I have a leaked image of the cab car design. Prepare to blow your minds at this amazing design:

EE85481D-A5C8-4840-82D0-FF2B7A89C7A8.png

my personal assumption is that since the only non-electrified lines are hourly service to hamilton, bowmanville, peak service only to milton and RH.
They will probably sell off a majority of their locomotives once the new electrified ones are delivered and usable. they probably only need like at most half as many diesels as they do now
Hourly to Kitchener+London, Hamilton/Niagara and Bowmanville will need diesel... then peak to millton and Bloomington.

Which boy and which horn?
The horn you honk.

Type of horn and placement is only a cosmetic look and plays no attention to riders other than a few who are train geeks. I am a train person, but don't go into the fine details of things like some do. Do care what the equipment looks like as well the paint job. Don't like the new colours or the old ones.

The equipment is on the lines of other systems worldwide, more so on the bilevels since we don't have the same quality of service here yet. Once we move to an EMU system, we may get away with single level trains on certain lines where ridership is low for all bilevel trains 5 cars or more long.

Only have to look at the 300's cab cars to see how long it took to get them here compare to Europe who had them long before been build here. They were built by BBD who had been building them in Europe well over a decade before showing up in NA. Passenger trains rule the rail in Europe well freight does it in NA. Can't even get a freight train over 700 feet long that are single level in Europe (about 40 cars) where we see 2-3000 feet (2-300 cars) trains that are double stack.

Riders want a train that shows up on time, has a seat that is conferrable to sit in and get them to where they want to go on time. The looks of equipment is not on their radar unless they have an issue with it.

If we are to meet the climate change gold, it means replacing the diesel fleet by 2040 which is subject to the whims of CP and CN, Both RR as well all of NA RR need to replace their diesel fleet with X as its impossible to string all the lines in NA without major investment as well huge construction cost. Even doing it here would require 1000's of overpasses to be rebuilt or roadbed lower to gain the height requirement for clearance for the OS which is not nice looking.

Back