News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I have to believe that 2022-24 will be bounce back years for nat gas drilling. I own stocks in Tourmaline and a few junior companies and they will definitely be spending in preparation for LNG export in 2025. While they are rewarding shareholders, they are raising their cap-ex spending as well.
If you aren't invested in Canadian energy stocks right now - you crazy! The free cashflow yield these companies are generating is insane. The valuations simply do not make sense.

This is getting more attention in the news as the Liberals and their 'partners in crime', the NDP are getting closer to tabling the Just Transition legislation. We don't know exactly what is in it but on the surface, it does not look good for Alberta. The objective is to transition highly skilled (and paid) jobs in the oil & gas sector into similar jobs in renewable energy. What some analysts are saying is that those jobs in the renewable sector will likely not be based in Alberta but more so in central Canada. I am guessing a lot of the jobs will probably be government paid (more tax burden on Canadians) until the private sector scales up. I don't see how this will be a good thing for Alberta and to her credit, that is what Smith is trying to get in front of. I don't want to be a pessimist but this smells like NEP all over again.

This is getting more attention in the news as the Liberals and their 'partners in crime', the NDP are getting closer to tabling the Just Transition legislation. We don't know exactly what is in it but on the surface, it does not look good for Alberta. The objective is to transition highly skilled (and paid) jobs in the oil & gas sector into similar jobs in renewable energy. What some analysts are saying is that those jobs in the renewable sector will likely not be based in Alberta but more so in central Canada. I am guessing a lot of the jobs will probably be government paid (more tax burden on Canadians) until the private sector scales up. I don't see how this will be a good thing for Alberta and to her credit, that is what Smith is trying to get in front of. I don't want to be a pessimist but this smells like NEP all over again.
Nah. This manufactures a wedge in case of a federal election this year. The Liberals are constructing points to conjure a chimera of Danielle Smith/Pierre Pollievre/stereotypic Albertans/The O&G Industry as the enemy:
-Albertans don't BELIEVE in climate change or science - despite being overall the most educated province with the highest percentage of STEM employment (of course, education only matters if one is employed within the public sector ecosystem, or in the private sector as a result of federal industrial policy)
-The O&G industry lags on investment in CCUS - which is an absolute lie, but the the first principle in political communications is that if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes fact
-Alberta's surplus is ill begotten and due to price gouging of other Canadians, rather than through some minor operational spending restraint during the Kenney days and global commodity markets, and therefore the federal government should dictate how it is spent

The other heads are deferred to future pre-writ campaigning: Jordan Peterson, Trucker Convoy participants, Donald Trump, Stephen Harper.

This hurts the provincial NDP's election odds, but creates a great distraction from falling real wages and overwhelming incompetence of the federal Liberals.

Last edited:
FeWcdo-aUAAmcSD.jpg
FeWZkMnagAEslX0.jpg

Here's a look at the phase II building. It's a rendering, but is complete now.
FeWRW0AaUAAhD2T.jpg

Back