News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;P7Jy312JCUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P7Jy312JCUQ[/video]

someone posted on the 'canadians rallying to unseat stephen harper' group said that blair released the news about the video when he did as a favour for his friend, stephen harper, to take the heat off the senate scandal.
thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is ridiculous bs.

seriously, guy? That's your damage in all this? The mayor is caught in another gigantic lie, blows his credibility out of the water, takes the city along for his crazed circus of a ride, lies about his fiscal conservancy, makes a laughingstock of your entire municipal government, and you're willing to throw down the gloves because one of his critics said "fuck?" [facepalm]

Reminds me of a line I read in a book where on executive dismisses his co-worker's report saying "I don't care for the content and the tone of this." The other asks "What else is there besides content and tone?" And the first glances at the report, smiles and says "It's quite nicely typed."

Edited to add:
Palma, given what is posted below regarding the terms of service, I'd like to offer an apology for my vehemence - you have every right to state your opinion regarding the tone some have taken in this thread, and, of course, others have a right to disagree. I mistook you for someone trying to deflect the Mayor Ford issue, and overreacted. I'm genuinely sorry. In a calmer vein I hope you can understand that people are angry and frustrated and, as we've seen, the language can sometimes get out of hand.

PS When I've made a mistake, I try, if possible, to keep the original post up and append my comments, rather than delete it and pretend it didn't happen.

in his defence language isn't permitted on UT..

Parker - I typed the below prior to your apology; thank you for being a reasonable and awesome person. :)

For the sake of not wasting the words, and for the love of hearing (?) myself speak, I'd ask those of us non-UT-regulars to take a moment to consider the perspective of the person you're responding to, and the arena where these comments are being made.

There are a number of people, myself included, who only post in this thread. The whole discussion of the Fords' mess that occurs here is a distraction from what this forum is normally devoted to. UT is a place where people discuss the finer points of architectural development in this city; the beauty of sustainable development in Canada's largest urban centre; the value and evolution of modern buildings the world over; etc. While this thread is a huge draw, we are all fortunate that we can participate in this discussion in a place that is devoted to something else.

I think it's important we all recognize that there are rules for this unique place, and that many of us (and the discussion itself) is a departure from what this forum is normally about. You wouldn't find a bunch of people off the street crashing a cocktail party devoted to urban development just to yell and swear about the mayor. People may discuss the Fords at a party like this, but they'd conduct themselves in the way they normally do at a party like that.

I'd suggest we all appreciate the context of this discussion, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Sigh. Still in the US. Still listening to Americans laughing and wondering why we don't storm City Hall. Thanks to all for allowing me to keep up-to-date with this farce. *smh*

Great photos. I thought I'd post one here (if you don't mind)... wow ...

P1040424.JPG

Next City Hall council meeting, Wednesday, November 13 and Thursday, November 14. Bring chalk.

The Ford kiss!

That pic tells it all. Zero conscience from yesterday's mea culpa!

He really does feel invincible now. Bet Douggie is wincing when he sees that. ROFO is just inviting more investigations which bro cannot afford.

It's not about rofo's crack habit!

Keep going Robbie! Keep poking the media and everyone else!

I'm vexed I couldn't make it to NPS today. I had a meeting with my boss at 1230. Yeah, I know, if Rob can do whatever the fuck and answer to no one, I have no excuse. ;)

But....I've let it be known at work that next week they can forget about me after lunch on the 13th. I have more important shit to do. :)

PS: Where's Don "This-Will-Be-The-Best-Mayor-Ever" Cherry during all this, the washed-up cu***?

Listening to these callers on the AM Talk Radio show with Oakley leaves me totally bewildered. Their support for him is blind!

One old woman remarked, "If I had to deal with the lefties every day I'd be a drunk too! I support you!"

Last edited:
Listening to these callers on the AM Talk Radio show with Oakley leaves me totally bewildered. Their support for him is blind!

One old woman remarked, "If I had to deal with the lefties every day I'd be a drunk too! I support you!"
Saw someone today trot out the old media conspiracy witch-hunt thing. When asked about the Sun now calling for Ford's resignation, she said that they are left-leaning media. FordNation will say anything to avoid admitting that Ford is a bad mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back