News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to these callers on the AM Talk Radio show with Oakley leaves me totally bewildered.

One old woman remarked, "If I had to deal with the lefties every day I'd be drunk a too! I support you!"

My basic knowledge of psychology leads me to the conclusion that people like that are nothing short of brain-damaged.

This is without mentioning that my schooling in poli sci at Carleton tells me that this sort of hyper-partisan thinking leads to authoritarianism and that "left vs right" is a false dichotomy where REASONABLE people are involved.

The Fordster don't need no advice. Tomorrow's NOW cover. https://twitter.com/nowtoronto/status/398214916839968768/photo/1

That cover is gold. That's exactly what Ford is doing. "FUCK YOU TORONTO!"

BYa-W13CcAEJkpF.jpg:large

Yup, that cover says it all.....unfortunately.

Just makes one want to go "for a walk" with the bastard, if you know what I mean.

I wonder if anything is brewing. Ford is still in his office at this late hour. Just saw these tweets from NOW reporter

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 8m
Mayor's aide just led a man in a trench coat who I didn't recognize into the mayor's office.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 8m
Ford's chief of staff just joined them.

Parker - I typed the below prior to your apology; thank you for being a reasonable and awesome person. :)

For the sake of not wasting the words, and for the love of hearing (?) myself speak, I'd ask those of us non-UT-regulars to take a moment to consider the perspective of the person you're responding to, and the arena where these comments are being made.

There are a number of people, myself included, who only post in this thread. The whole discussion of the Fords' mess that occurs here is a distraction from what this forum is normally devoted to. UT is a place where people discuss the finer points of architectural development in this city; the beauty of sustainable development in Canada's largest urban centre; the value and evolution of modern buildings the world over; etc. While this thread is a huge draw, we are all fortunate that we can participate in this discussion in a place that is devoted to something else.

I think it's important we all recognize that there are rules for this unique place, and that many of us (and the discussion itself) is a departure from what this forum is normally about. You wouldn't find a bunch of people off the street crashing a cocktail party devoted to urban development just to yell and swear about the mayor. People may discuss the Fords at a party like this, but they'd conduct themselves in the way they normally do at a party like that.

I'd suggest we all appreciate the context of this discussion, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

This is one of the most entitled, snobby things I have ever read.

I coworker said his cousin was going to view the videos at a city councilor's house tonight. I've known him for years, he's a senior editor at a major website, and I've never known him to be anything but honest. He was taking to the lead editor about it, I don't see him making it up. Trust me, I'll be asking for details first thing tomorrow.

He's not allowed a copy, just to watch it with a select few. If it's true, it won't be long.
Any update on this?

This is one of the most entitled, snobby things I have ever read.

You must be absolutely delightful at a party.

I thought it was wonderfully kind, contextually on point, and an example of exactly the kind of comity we sorely wish would return to our civic space.

Elliott Ross ‏@ElliottRoss6 1m
On CBC just now: Rumour around Dixon is: someone is shopping around a THIRD video. CBC hasn't been able to confirm yet #TOpoli
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

CBC reported that police are aware of the third video. Also, kinda funny to see CBC reporting today, as if they had a new revelation, that another staffer was seen meeting with Lisi. Yes, we already knew that since last Thursday when the ITO was released. It was Tom Beyer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back