News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question right before is "if you were there to promote Toronto, then why were you throwing 'Ford Nation' t-shirts to the crowd, and not Toronto T-shirts?' ". This is the kind of simple, direct calling of BS which was missing before. This is only going to get worse for Robby.

After Rob said "we met lots of Hollywood movers and shakers" I wanted someone to say "name ONE. name ONE Hollywood mover and or shaker that you met."

Honestly, the Toronto media is embarrassing and spineless. In a lot of countries we'd have big headlines saying "FORD LIES ABOUT SAVINGS - AGAIN' and such.

It's a GTA-wide and possibly Ontario-wide problem. People are very tolerant of dogmatic nonsense, be it religious, political, or whatever. Ford's talking points are so poorly fabricated they should be a scandal in themselves.

It's incredibly frustrating when the headline in the globe article is ‘I held my own,’ Rob Ford says of Kimmel appearance http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...s-church-picnic-brother-says/article17274292/

So people glance at it and say "great, he held his own."

What it should say is "Rob Ford humiliated on late night talk show."

Honestly, the Toronto media is embarrassing and spineless. In a lot of countries we'd have big headlines saying "FORD LIES ABOUT SAVINGS - AGAIN' and such.

It's a GTA-wide and possibly Ontario-wide problem. People are very tolerant of dogmatic nonsense, be it religious, political, or whatever. Ford's talking points are so poorly fabricated they should be a scandal in themselves.

I think it's something we've taken from the States where the media doesn't question but only reiterates talking points.

It's incredibly frustrating when the headline in the globe article is ‘I held my own,’ Rob Ford says of Kimmel appearance http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...s-church-picnic-brother-says/article17274292/

Absolutely. Far too many people don't read beyond the headlines, which are often misleading and have little to nothing to do with the content. Ford's team took advantage of that with their gravy train slogan last election and their "saved a billion dollars" claim -- they know that a LOT of voters won't check the facts or go beyond the slogans.

Headlines and other candidates need to shout the facts from the rooftops.

The more I think about it, the more unsettled I am about how he responded "is that all they've got?" when confronted with the allegation that he is a domestic abuser. It felt like he thought he had lumped that in with the booze and crack as "that's in the past", rather than it never having happened before.

The more I think about it, the more unsettled I am about how he responded "is that all they've got?" when confronted with the allegation that he is a domestic abuser. It felt like he thought he had lumped that in with the booze and crack as "that's in the past", rather than it never having happened before.

I was really grossed out as well...like his "record" really negates all that.

Maybe, but I think the reality probably lies somewhere in the middle. Humiliated is probably too strong of a word. Despite what people are saying, it was a pretty softball interview. I feel like the only unexpected part involved the video clips, but even that consisted of light teasing. At the same time, Ford didn't exactly nail it either, but then again, when has he ever nailed anything? Aside from hookers, that is.

That's a beaut! Great find... I think that clip would be perfect for fordformermayor.com, right on the front page. Hell, a skilled auto-tuner could probably have that as the hook in a mashup song or something....
---
As for the rest of that scrum...it looks like the local media are finally getting out the daggers. Pretty pathetic that they needed a late-night Jockey to show them how to be, you know, journalists.
Edit: I guess the CTV guys actually gave it to him first.

Where's that Brit tearing apart the MP vid from six months ago?

Maybe, but I think the reality probably lies somewhere in the middle. Humiliated is probably too strong of a word. Despite what people are saying, it was a pretty softball interview. I feel like the only unexpected part involved the video clips, but even that consisted of light teasing. At the same time, Ford didn't exactly nail it either, but then again, when has he ever nailed anything? Aside from hookers, that is.

For the mayor of the 4th largest city in North America, which should be a position of dignity commanding respect, to stand there uncomfortably with sweat pouring down his face while they show videos of him completely off his gourd is exactly what I'd call humiliation. Not to mention sputtering his re-election campaign talking points to an American TV audience that has no idea what he's talking about, which I'd file under self-humiliation. And don't get me started on the montage of embarrassing photographs.

Kimmel comparing the photos of LA's mayor to Rob Ford was the most cringe-worthy moment to me. There's a few times the look on Rob's face was just pure embarrassment.

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 3.08.50 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 3.08.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 3.08.50 PM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

It was only humiliating for Ford because it was a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. If he was quick on his feet, and gave as good as he got, he could have made lemons out of lemonade. That's obviously not his strong suit, but it's incredibly telling that he thought that's what he was going to do.

It's obviously terrible but it dovetails perfectly with his "Arrest me!" attitude. I mean, let's presume that (unlike us) Ford actually knows EVERYTHING he has done (except, of course, for when he was in one of his drunken stupors). So then he goes on TV and is going on and on about the chief investigating him about this video he wants everyone to see when he (and we) know that the police were first on to him not because of the video per se but because he was hanging out with one of the city's most notorious drug-and-gun-dealing gangs.

I couldn't laugh off anyone accusing me of that kind of stuff and Kimmel deserves full credit for reading it (and even more credit to whoever wrote that whole thing, if it was a single person). everyone who watched heard that and saw him laugh it off; unless you're willfully ignorant, the non-response spoke volumes. So did the way Kimmel cut Ford off when he tried his, "I'm not perfect; maybe you are," crap.

No sane person could watch it and think it wasn't humiliating. I was chatting with people online thinking it was an EPIC MELTDOWN and I wouldn't go that far. But Kimmel is a COMEDIAN. His JOB, despite what Rob and Doug think, wasn't to grill him about Project Traveler and Brazen 2; it was to make fun, and he did. If the best Doug and Rob can muster is that he survived the onslaught - that he took the beating and never went down - they have just continued to lower the bar for themselves. I mean, he didn't get run through by Marg: Warrior Princess but I'd hardly cite that as evidence of his sword-wielding, combat skills.

Your Best Mayor Ever was bright red and sweating like a pig on TV, folks. That's before we get to the pictures and the videos and the questions. He looked guilty and incompetent because he is. And soon he'll learn that being called an idiotic, lying, wife-beating substance abuser is not "all they've got." If he thinks he's so good at standing up under the withering, unrelenting talk of a real life late-night comedian, let's put him in a box with Gary Giroux and see how he fares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back